Software -> Categories -> Games -> no display

Hi,

I have Zorin Pro and am just starting using it. I want to add a game. So, I go into Software, then Categories, then Games, and the display shows rectangular fields but there is no display. Each rectangle just has three consecutive periods in the middle of it.

Furthermore, what if I want something not displayed. Is there a way to "tell" Zorin to search for a particular game. I just want to add the Free Cell solitaire game (for now)!

If with “add” you mean installing something and software don't display you can just terminate gnome-software on System Monitor. Kill it if terminating it doesn't do the trick.

2 Likes

I agree with @Luca_Pavan , try using terminal. Launch terminal and run:

killall gnome-software

rm -rf ~/.cache/gnome-software

Now, close the terminal, launch the Software store and test...

If still not working, see this thread:

2 Likes

Just install Synaptic Package Manager, go to the games section or just search for Soliltaire. The most common one on any GNU/Linux distro is AisleRiot Solitaire.

2 Likes

When you open Software, you will see at top left corner an icon for your search. Click on it and it will open a search box. Type in Games - solitaire and you will get a stack of games to choose from.

1 Like

When opening software, just start typing. The search gets focused automatically. Alternatively you can hit the search button on the top left of the window when opening software.

1 Like

Install Discover. It is an Alternative Store, much much much faster than Gnome-Software and easier to use than Synaptic.
@o2b

1 Like

Hey, thanks everyone! (I got sabotaged with other demands and just came back to this!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.