I can't remove Zorin OS 16

i cant remove zorin core core 16 form windows 10. i was installed in HDD and i dont want format my HDD for personal files, i want completely remove zorin os form matherboaord and hdd , matherboard form gigabyte ,

You can backup your personal files that are stored in Zorin libraries (like Documents and Downloads) and just format only the partition where Zorin is installed. You don't need to format your whole HDD! But I recommend you to backup all personal files including the ones in your Windows partition (just in case).

i dont want backup my files, just i want remove zorin os form dual boot also

Just go to disk management tool in windows and format the Zorin partition. Don't format anything else..Or post a screenshot of disk management tool

1 Like

after that what else to do ?
As I am thinking to move from Zorin 15.3 to Zorin 16

Once you format a partition...everything in it gets wiped so I don't think there is anything else to do.

Once again let's confirm from @Aravisian

1 Like

Moving from Z15.3 to Z16 is different from removing Zorin completely as @BlackHole wishes to do. So I suggest @Prajul starts a new thread regarding updating instead of full removal of ZorinOS, to avoid confusion trying to replying to both.

@BlackHole if you format the Zorin partition, that will wipe it for other uses. I would also recommend you back up your Windows partitions, just in case anything goes wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks for informing but I am following this thread for knowledge as I wants to install the Zorin 16 in near future by replacing Zorin 15.3. Since Zorin doesn't provide the OS upgrade feature so only way I find is to install again the upgraded Zorin OS.

Yes that is true at this time. I am not too worried or hurried as Z15.3 is good and solid. I will make a choice to move to Z16 either when a Core update come along or Z16 Lite wins me over.

2 Likes

After the files are backed up you can simply delete the Zorin partition and extend the windows partition to reclaim the space. You will very likely need to repair windows boot if you are currently using grub to boot both operating systems. I would look into this before you start.

3 Likes

@Elegant_Emperor and @Winged1 have answered this question for both parties; Upping to Zorin OS 16 is the same procedure, just install it over Zorin OS 15.
Removing Zorin OS - delete the partition. Then use the Windows partition manager to recover that partition space into Windows. May run Boot Repair to ensure the is no Zorin OS record in MBR or in EFI partition.

3 Likes

after delete partition i broke windows grub , but i found way to fix just type - Ctrl+alt+ del
F12
it will work, if in case don`t work just go youtube or search engine instant

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.