I know you all know about

I know you all know about ................. Timeshift, but as a newbie to Linux I can't sing it's praises enough, I try to learn new things all the time and I'm getting better at solving problems, or learning a new trick, but of course that's when it goes "pear shape"! Timeshift just works it's bloody wonderful!

3 Likes

And I use Rescuezilla ..... ain't it grand that we all have choices ..... :+1: :sunglasses: :grinning:

1 Like

Good to know thanks. :pray:

1 Like

I would actually recommend Timeshift over both of the above options.

Rescuezilla has a large space requirement that is not applicable for many users.
DejaDup creates encrypted back ups and does not offer a full Restore Option.

Timeshift does offer the ability to perform what is essentially a System Restore. And it does not require double your available free space.

2 Likes

Thank you for that.

Booked marked that page, many thanks for the info!

Unfortunately most of us learn the hard way that backups are necessary :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was under the impression that Timeshift and Deja Dup are two different things: that Timeshift backs up your system, software, settings etc whereas Deja Dup backs up your personal files.
Am I wrong?

As a fellow newbie, can you give one or two examples of how Timeshift helped you, so I can understand better? Thanks.

4Box, in my case i took a snapshot with "Timeshift" just after the last update, then as a novice tried something with the system, don't ask, it was complicated for me, trying to improve graphics on a game, it went pear shaped so I just restored that date I saved with "timeshift" and here I am with a super fast system?

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.