I know you all know about

I know you all know about ................. Timeshift, but as a newbie to Linux I can't sing it's praises enough, I try to learn new things all the time and I'm getting better at solving problems, or learning a new trick, but of course that's when it goes "pear shape"! Timeshift just works it's bloody wonderful!

3 Likes

And I use Rescuezilla ..... ain't it grand that we all have choices ..... :+1: :sunglasses: :grinning:

1 Like

Good to know thanks. :pray:

1 Like

I would actually recommend Timeshift over both of the above options.

Rescuezilla has a large space requirement that is not applicable for many users.
DejaDup creates encrypted back ups and does not offer a full Restore Option.

Timeshift does offer the ability to perform what is essentially a System Restore. And it does not require double your available free space.

2 Likes

Thank you for that.

I love timeshift... it has been a God send. That along with the rescuezilla image and archive of my home directory, everything is easily restorable. This along with the easy reinstall Easily Reinstall...I have no issue restoring my system or changing distros. Zorin 17 will be a simple upgrade, whether by the upgrade option or a clean install!

1 Like

Booked marked that page, many thanks for the info!

Unfortunately most of us learn the hard way that backups are necessary :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was under the impression that Timeshift and Deja Dup are two different things: that Timeshift backs up your system, software, settings etc whereas Deja Dup backs up your personal files.
Am I wrong?

As a fellow newbie, can you give one or two examples of how Timeshift helped you, so I can understand better? Thanks.

4Box, in my case i took a snapshot with "Timeshift" just after the last update, then as a novice tried something with the system, don't ask, it was complicated for me, trying to improve graphics on a game, it went pear shaped so I just restored that date I saved with "timeshift" and here I am with a super fast system?

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.