I Have planned to Make My own OS Based On Linux and Debian for my college project and I need your help to make how to make a custom os if you know anything then please comment or freely share it with me!
There are many guides you can search on steps to making a Distro. It is quite involved...
But simply put:
- Choose a base. You have said you settled on Debian.
- Choose a default Desktop Environment.
- Choose what applications you wish to include.
- Choose a package management system.
- Choose what modifications you wish to make that makes this distro unique, usable and user-friendly.
- Create an .iso for it.
and like reading wikipedia, look for further in-depth information on any confusing or vague parts.
As a college project, this may be a one-time distro. So do not take yourself or it too seriously.
But you never know... you might end up making a career out of it, too.
That is a bold adventure ...... good luck and keep us informed on how you are progressing .....
Hope it goes well.
You can finding on YouTube channel kernotex he explaining how to building Linux distribution from Linux from Scratch.