I Never Save my Passwords. How Do I stop Being Asked To Save Them?

Yup, that's the issue. Any way to set passwords so I'm never asked to save them?? I always supply the password for everything. I never wish to save passwords permanently on any computer system. Consider this a FEATURE REQUEST, if it's not possible to accomplish. Thanks in advance!

In a Browser you click the little box that says, remember this do not ask again... Done

Saving or not saving passwords as to do the browser nothing to do whatsoever with the OS.

1 Like

Thanks, but how about non-browser applications...

This makes me think Ubuntu has a hand in it too.

Basically, this - there's a "user" section in the file too.

Open the terminal window from Applications --> accessories --> terminal, run the command:

sudo visudo

Find the line that says

%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL

and change it to

%admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Save and exit the file

1 Like

I'm glad you found a solution to you problem but to me being asked to save a password and being asked for a password are to different things .... like if you use Synaptic Package Manager it asks for you password not if you want to save it or not .... same thing if you make changes to some features in the OS .... I imagine they want insure you know what you are doing before making changes .....

The only time I have been asked if I want to save a password is in my browser ..... anyway like I said glad to see you solved your own problem ....

I would just caution new folks to Zorin not use the tip above if it keeps you from using your password to make changes within the OS or to run certain programs unless you know what you are doing and the harm it could cause if you don't ..... IMHO

4 Likes

My manual needs updating for Zorin 15. At point of install I would create a separate Admin user to your own but don't name it Admin but something else. Then for your daily go to account, make yourself a standard user for better security. Then when you need root privileges to do anything you will be asked for the Admin accounts password.

I agree 1000%, and asking for a password to make changes to your system is in no way the same thing as being asked to save a password. The system doesn't ever ask if you want to save the password, browsers do.

Removing the need to enter a password to make changes at the root level is literally the opposite of Linux security.

I also agree, new users should not follow any of this

2 Likes

@DeanG and @Frog are spot on. You are not being asked to save passwords, you are being asked by the system to validate Root Actions. Root actions require you to authenticate the action in order to prevent any foreign malicious actor from being able to access and modify your system files.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.