icon theme does not exist

CUSTOMIZING the XFCE desktop (the basics: icons, gtk.......) select an icon theme that happens to be already manually deleted before (apparently the application did not recognize the change at the time or something like that) and Now no application opens normally, only the terminal and crhomium, the panel disappeared, right click does not execute any action, menu button... everything stays like this. I was only able to launch vlc with the terminal, then I tried to launch the customization program and nothing.....I'm sure it must be nonsense, it can be fixed in less than 5 minutes, but since I'M NEW then........ There I leave the message from the terminal when I try to launch an application, I would say that it sums up my problem quite well (PS: I don't want to have to reinstall the system, at the moment I don't have a usb or cd/dvd)

$zorin-appearance
WARNING:root:Shell not installed or running

(zorin-appearance:4309): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:33:17.860: Theme directory 32/apps of theme Glory-purple-dark has no size field

(zorin-appearance:4309): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:33:18.519: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /home/luis/.icons/Glory-purple- dark/16/panel/image-missing.svg: Error opening file /home/luis/.icons/Glory-purple-dark/16/panel/image-missing.svg: No such file or directory (g -io-error-quark, 1)

Can you please tap alt+F2 and enter into the field:

xfce4-settings-manager

Tap the enter key.
this should open the main settings GUI tool. Click on Appearance, then Icons tab.
Set the icon theme to an existing and installed Icon theme.
Log out, then back in and test.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.