If you experience an EFI boot error, please re-download Zorin OS 16

You are honestly kidding right, I can provide a screenshot clearly showing I emailed you a week ago with my make and model, and no wonder it is so slow, Singapore's connection to Australia is on the western side, I come from the eastern side of Australia

1 Like

@lp-usb had a good luck by starting his day early:

I understand your frustration but sometimes email could fail to reach other end. You coud ask "read receipt" if your mailer allows you to do so.

Singapore is our closest mirror to Australia as our hosting provider (DigitalOcean) doesn't have any closer data centers.

As we haven't received your email, could you please let us know your computer's make and model here? This would help us to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution for you faster.

3 Likes

Make- Asus

Model - G15DH-AU003T

How can I download the ISO if its so slow.....

1 Like

Thank you for the information. We've recently sent you an email with an alternate download link for your copy of Zorin OS 16 Pro, which should hopefully work faster for you.

2 Likes

Fyi, the pro link i received also started off at 400 - 700kb/s but did go up half way through to 4mb/s...i had the time though so it finished after an hour and a half. I installed without issue and am currently using pro and loving it. Now i have installed and ran every available version of 16 there has been since alpha. All without issue! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank You, it worked perfectly and got zorin up and running without any errors :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

With the alternate link I got, I was getting up to 7MB constant :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We hope you'll enjoy using Zorin OS!

2 Likes

Hi Zorin team

Iā€™m also on a Dell that couldnā€™t boot the original release of Zorin 16. I know this has since been fixed and I managed to get it booting as well on the old image.

Iā€™m now about to install on a new SSD and realised there doesnā€™t seem to be a release version on the ISO and I havenā€™t seen any communication in newsletter or email to say errors were found and fixed.

Is this something that can be done going forward? I know most are usually fixed by on current version updates but this one, maybe not so

Thanks

1 Like

Since the problem was with shim, it didn't effect or change Zorin OS. It effected the efi boot, prior to grub. Anything that would change Zorin majorly (feature changes, kernel version changes and such) will include subversion increases.

2 Likes

HI, I have Lenovo Yoga 720 15ikb laptop. I'm not able to boot to the live media after the menu in EFI mode. But no problem in legacy mode. Please fix it.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
Actually the problem has been solved quite a while ago and now we have revision 4.
If you are having a problem booting, I suggest you to review your EFI setting.

2 Likes

Where did you download your zorin image? You may want to visit the official Zorin page and visit the download link. You will find 16 core available to download free and will work since the r1 version has the efi fix. A search of this forum will provide insight of the problem with the first image.

Please read the FAQ and Introduction to Hardware Support