Ifyoo Joystick? Any chance of getting it working?

Loaded Zorin Pro after my Windows install needed a reload but I discovered I no longer had my Authentication Code. No way was I going to pay for Windows again.

Right before this happened, I bought a Ifyoo Joystick. As I learned how to use Zorin, it stayed in the drawer. I took it out again recently and discovered it was a USB paperweight. The website doesn't mention supporting Linux. I'm certain that means "Abandon all hope."

Or should I? Is there any chance to get this working? I generally game on Steam (sometimes Lutris) but their joystick firmware didn't help.

No guarantees, but you could try the joystick package from here?:

https://ubuntu.pkgs.org/20.04/ubuntu-universe-amd64/joystick_1.7.0-1_amd64.deb.html

1 Like

If @swarfendor437 's suggestion happens to bear no luck, you also can try:

sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:rael-gc/ubuntu-xboxdrv

sudo apt update && sudo apt install ubuntu-xboxdrv

You can modify and configure controllers with jstest-gtk

sudo apt install jstest-gtk

You can also install and use qjoypad.

2 Likes

You might be pleasantly surprised. I use Linux Mint 20.3 and it works well with my multi-button joystick. It also works with my RC flight controller and much to my surprise it even works with my force feed-back wheel and pedals that haven't worked since Windoze XP. And I didn't have to install any drivers for any or them. I did install jstest-gtk that Aravisian suggested so I could test my joystick but I don't think it is really needed.