In quest for Linux compatible WiFi

Thats cause were the best! HAHA :rofl: Yes, I said that like a kid would who is fighting over sibling dominance in their status position of awesomeness lol.

2 Likes

We were now warped to the new thread with a help of Moderator's Magic Wand (TM) :star2:

1 Like
1 Like

Or that he read our irrelevant discussion, rolled his eyeballs :roll_eyes: and left...

1 Like

Wouldnt be the first time :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We should be careful not to establish a reputation being The Three Stooges (if you do not know what it is, just search on the net).

1 Like

:joy: Aye aye captain

1 Like

@Michel
Do you think it is the same one you showed on the 1st photo?

This might be an interesting one to add to my collection since I only have 300bps as a top speed.

1 Like

Its tp-link ac1300, so yeah the same i bought for my wife

From your link it shows the speeds

I will ask my husband to get it for me for Christmas just because I am jealous :crazy_face:

The 3-stooges can be summarized as Slapstick Comedy. They will not be everybodies cup of tea, and more then likely not the modern generation of kids born today. But they had a place in history, during a time when things were not going so good throughout the world.

Also, I like talking about technology, so the discussion about WIFI adapter is a happy one.

1 Like

Keep in mind, many of us don't have AC routers, or even more modern, the latest WIFI 6 protocol. Many of us are still on Wireless N WIFI speeds. What do that mean you ask? It means, even if you get a WIFI adapter rated for say 1300MBPS, your never going to see that, until you upgrade your WIFI router hardware.

1 Like

Who is who on the picture ? @FrenchPress the middle one and @StarTreker the left one ? :joy:

1 Like

That usb stick does not even have 1.3gb. Its false advertisment (unless those idiots at amazon count both speeds 5g + 2,4g then yes)

1 Like

I am going to answer your question from left to right ok?

Larry is on the left, Moe is in the Middle, and Curly is on the right. Those are what make up the 3-stooges.

1 Like

Advertisers will do anything, even lie, to make a product look good. Thats more then likely what they did Michel. Cause the average top speed of 5G is about 850MBPS in a home use routers. Unless! You have the latest WIFI router standard WIFI 6, well, then be prepared for over 1000MBPS lol.

2 Likes

Nor politically correct in the current standard.
But we should not judge the past merely with our standpoint.

There are some children's books (Dr. Doolittle was the one comes up to my mind) got forbidden from publication because it is now deemed to be racially discriminating.

The same goes for historical music.
What was acceptable in the past is no longer so.

I remember that passage in Handel's opera "Giulio Cesare in Egitto" which goes like "Do you think I am barbaric like Africans?"
(It was performed at the Opera in Paris. My husband was a part of the orchestra and I had a chance to get a very good seat.)

Audiences just burst into laugh for this passage because of its ridiculous stereo typing. But I think it is important not to meddle with the original even it should be accompanied with some explanation of the background when the story was written.

2 Likes

Well, it is called "future proof" :crazy_face:

1 Like

I know all about future proofing. I had the option to spend maybe a couple hundred less on my computer and pick out the 8GB GPU version. But I scanned the way the wind was going in the gaming and production market.

Despite all the naysayers who said 8GB is all you need, less then a year later, now tech media are showing needs for 12GB or more of VRAM in certain areas. I knew I was right to choose the 16GB version.

2 Likes

I've used these with Zorin/Mint/Debian and they are recognized right away. Can't beat the price.