Increase volume over 100 % in celluloid

Hello every, wishing you all a great day! :grinning:
Since my VLC is not working as expected I ditched VLC and started to use celluloid but I noticed I can only increase the volume up to 100% because in VLC we can increase it up to 200%
I was wondering if we can bring this feature in celluloid it would be a great help
If you guys know of any solution please comment

you can increase your entire system volume to 150% actually, check settings > audio > allow raising volume over 100%

I use pavucontrol:

sudo apt install pavucontrol

pavucontrol

I don't want to increase the volume system-wide. Just inside the application (celluloid)

I don't want to do anything in the system. I want that functionality inside the application like editing a config file. As celluloid Is based on MPV right and i guess MPV is highly configurable right?

after I installed Celluloid, I quickly found the option to load an MPV config file within it's settings, so I'd recommend checking that out with your favorite search engine

No worries, I have done it myself

1. create a file name mpv.conf
  2. edit the file with a text editor
  3. Add these lines to it
volume=100
volume-max=200
  1. Save the file
  2. Now create a folder named "mpv" in your desired destination and move the "mpv.conf" file to "mpv" folder
  3. Open celluloid, preferences, config files, load mpv configuration. then add the previously created "mpv.conf" to it
  4. Restart celluloid

Boom Mission accomplished :yum:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.