Install problemes (zorin packages too old)

Hi, I tried to install wine following Wine upgrade

Now I have several problems:

1. Using sudo apt update I have 2 packages which can't be installed: shim shim-signed. When trying to install them it says: shim-signed : depends on: grub-efi-amd64-signed (>= 1.167~) but 1.93.24+zorin3+2.02-2ubuntu8.21 not to be installed or grub-efi-arm64-signed (>= 1.167~) is not installable. Depends on: grub2-common (>= 2.02-2ubuntu8.23)
    Trying to install grub2-common it says the newest version is installed 2.02-2ubuntu8.21+zorin1

2. Wine can't be installed:
    unfulfilled dependencies: wine-stable : depends on: wine-stable-i386 (= 7.0.0.0~focal-1) depends on: wine-stable-amd64 (= 7.0.0.0~focal-1) not to be installed
    Trying to install wine-stable-amd64 it says:
    depends on: libc6 (>= 2.29) but 2.28-0ubuntu1+zorin4 should be installed. depends on: libgcc-s1 (>= 3.0) not installable recommended: libodbc1 not to be installed recommended: libosmesa6 not to be installed recommended: libsdl2-2.0-0 not to be installed

Need your help, I have no idea how to move on...

You are attempting to upgrade Wine to a higher version than the dependent packages support. Is there some reason that Wine 5 or Wine 6 Cannot be used in its current state?

Well, wine via Zorin is still version 4.
But I have a problem with a software and @ Winehq they told me to update to an actual version.
Didn't test wine 5 or 6 but also wouldn't know how to install it now.

I think Wine 6 should be perfect, really...

First, check if you have any Wine Repositories added in Software & Updates . Other Software tab. Remove Any that you Find. All Wine Repos must go.

In terminal, remove Zorin Windows App support if it is currently installed

sudo apt remove --purge zorin-windows-app-support

Install Wine 6:
Grab the key

wget -qO- https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/winehq.key | sudo apt-key add -

Then add the repository

sudo apt-add-repository "deb http://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ $(lsb_release -cs) main"

And install Wine

sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable

your solution installed the actual wine 7. Thanks.

Still got the problem with shim shim-signed being not installed.
Any idea for that problem?

1 Like

That shim error usually occurs when Zorin OS was installed with Secure Boot disabled in BIOS, but then later, the Secure Boot was Enabled in BIOS.

The weird thing is that the computer is been running for over a year and it just showed up yesterday.
Any solution to that?
disabeling secure boot in bios?

just checked it. Secureboot still disabled

Have you checked your boot partition?

My boot/efi is booted, double checked it.
Weird is: just showed up after uninstalling wine, winetricks and the zorin-windows-app (sorry, forgot the name)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.