Install Zorin or (any linux) tablet Chuwi V10

Chuwi i have with android 8.0. Never tried linux distros.

Im testing Ubuntu, but os very slow to install. Hope finish today...i will Reply here.

1 Like

Guess not working, they fail on installation....maybe something regard to disk, similar to errors i get on boot.

Hello guys.

I did not reach the linux installation, i can reinstall windows (lucky i have drivers for this model) and everything works.

I don't have more ideas to install linux :frowning:

That alright Mouratti, you did you're best. Guess in the future you will have to try it with a tablet who's implemented with better hardware, because of the demands. Like Zorin16 will not run on your tablet because of the specs. your processor and 2 GB ram is not enough.

Than again perhaps in the future we can buy these tablets with Linux preinstalled. But I understand your admiration for trying to look if it will work.

1 Like

I'm not convinced yet ehhehehe
Because this works well if boot for pen (before install), when start the installation, starts the errors in disk (i guess).

When i test boot from usb with lubuntu (wifi not working)
With ubuntu 21 work everything (giroscope not) but i all of them this will not work.

I really don't understand why...yet :slight_smile:
But this take too much time to get things working, even install windows and drivers....like you say this is low performance.

I see some people that use ubuntu on this tablet....or is fake or im searching wrong :slight_smile:

The lubuntu and ubunt was linuxium iso

Yeah well, don't get too excited some of them use emulators to make linux run.

Like I said u have to have the right hit, the one that satisfies your processor and ram, and still u won't be sure if every components are working correct. According to the linuxium iso that was mentioned before there was one for the atom processor. I loaded this in virtualbox, but is was slow and not working as it should.

Yes i agree with you, it's just curiosity if linux run smooth in this config...even a linux lite or other distro.

Maybe i will leave it working with windows.

But :slight_smile: im was thinking if Arch could be a solution? I mean you can built step by step (it's not for me, my geek brain is not so advanced) but could be a start to learn.

Well, I don't prefer arch, because it won't let me install whatever I won't, and I'm not excited about making tarballs and all that.
So I'll just stuck to ubuntu. It's let me do whatever I want.

For instance in use yacreader and multisytem to flash my usb's alot. I've tried Arch and tried to make these apps working but with no good result so I gave up.

I never use it...im try to leave windows from my home computer. Just ask because i read that you can do all you want....but maybe next time ehhehe

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.