Good day everyone!
I’ve been racking my brain for days now, trying everything I could find on the Internet to get Zorin OS 16 Core (r4) installed on my laptop, but to no avail. I would very much appreciate some help to finally get to experience the joy of using Zorin.
The problem: The installer doesn‘t get past the “Updates and other software“ portion, it just keeps on “working“ (so the mouse thing keeps on turning and the screen isn‘t exactly frozen). Even after an hour of letting it do its thing.
This is what I sometimes see after the grub menu:
When I uncheck "install third party software..." I can get to the Installation type page, but no matter what option I choose then, it instantly turns to this screen and I am unable to do anything:
Hardware: HP 17-x035ng (64-bit, 2TB space, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i5-6200, AMD Radeon R7 M440/Intel HD Graphics 520) running Windows 11 Home. I’ve checked that it’s in AHCI mode.
Some of the things I’ve tried:
- Downloaded the ISO several times, also tried the 15.3 version (no difference)
- Checked the checksum is correct
- Flashed the ISO with Etcher and with Rufus (set to UEFI and GPT), used a slow burn rate for the CD
- Booted from a live CD (DVD), a USB flash drive (16GB), a memory card (32GB)
- Wiped my whole drive and installed a fresh version of Windows
- Disabled fast startup
- Created a partition with about 40GB of space on my C drive
- BIOS: enabled/disabled legacy, enabled/disabled secure boot, booted with legacy, booted with UEFI
- All the grub menu options + “nomodeset“
- Zorin installer: didn‘t connect to the internet, tried all the installation options when I did get to the next step (alongside Boot Manager, instead of Windows*, “something else…“)
*I don't really mind if I can't dual boot with Windows, if I get Zorin to work well.
Any help would be incredibly appreciated!