Installing apt updates

Hello I was wondering how to fix this issue as whenever I try to install the latest updates on zorin os using the command "sudo apt update" I end up getting the error message "Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages" and I don't know where to go from there.

try

sudo apt update --fix-missing
sudo apt install -f
sudo apt --fix-broken install
sudo apt clean

2 Likes

Shame on you ..... where were you yesterday when I was up to my "you know what" in alligators ..... AGAIN ..... :grinning: .... but thanks I have those commands hard copied and saved .... not that I would ever need them ..... :+1:

2 Likes

Far be it from me to correct someone far more knowledgeable than I but ....

I had to use 'sudo apt --fix-broken install' to get this command to work. I am on the latest Zorin Pro 16.2 so don't know if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

But....while we are on the subject of apt and upgrades I did the below and received the below results. Now...I have just upgraded my Pro to 16.2 so I am concerned about the below two needing to be upgraded. Where these not a part of the 16.2 release?

lou@lou-zorin:~$ apt list --upgradable

Listing... Done
grub-efi-amd64-bin/focal-updates 2.04-1ubuntu47.4 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.04-1ubuntu44.2]
grub-efi-amd64-signed/focal-updates 1.173.2~20.04.1+2.04-1ubuntu47.4 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.167.2+2.04-1ubuntu44.2]

1 Like

Correct. I have edited Seans post above to prevent further confusion.

Not at all... Anyone can make a typo or a mistake and having good and reliable information is more important than our egos. I know I have made typos in commands too often...
We are not here to prove ourselves; but to help each other out.
So if anyone sees anything that is in error and needs correcting -- Please do step up and correct it.

Go ahead and upgrade them.
Any package can have further refinements, corrections, fixes, additions roll down the pipe right after an initial release.
I have released some stuff only to spot a small error and send out a fix within mere minutes if the initial release.

3 Likes

Correct away i'm a linux user just like you, i make typos in terminal all the time and it yells at me lol. :smiley:

did these help get updates squared away and those last two installed?

2 Likes

Check out Suicide Linux.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.