Installing & Running Conky on Zorin OS 16

So I’m new to Zorin OS 16. I’ve installed Conky from the GitHub site, downloaded all the dependencies and created a desktop icon. I’ve installed everything the same way that I have done previously on Linux Mint, but it just won’t execute on Zorin OS 16. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
I think you will find it much easier to add Conky on XFCE (Zorin Lite) desktop than GNOME (Zorin Core).

Did you install lm-sensors? Psensors?

The odds that we can help are high. I always use Conky on Zorin and I do not see that stopping anytime soon.
I recommend using Conky-manager2 on Zorin OS 16:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tomtomtom/conky-manager

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt install conky-manager2

Launch CM2 and open the settings icon on the far right side. Go to Locations and ensure that your conky files are set by their path.

4 Likes

OK. Thank you.

OK. Thank you. I don’t think I’ve ever used an XFCE desktop.

1 Like

No. I just installed the recommended repositories.

Conky manager is much easier to work with for conky beginners. To install conky on Ubuntu based based distros use the following for those who prefer the old school approach. sudo apt install conky-all

2 Likes

OK. Thank you.

Thank you brother Aravisian. I have googled atlast I found a solution :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Marked solution. 168

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.