Installing Twine 2.3.x on Zorin OS 16

Hi, I am new to both Zorin and Ubuntu. Could you guide me through installing the Twine software for Linux 64bit?

I have no clue what to do after downloading it from the Twine website.
http://twinery.org/

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I only saw the 32bit version for Linux in the link you have posted.

1 Like

You don't need to install it.

Extract the file you downloaded (.zip).
Once downloaded, open the newly extracted Twine folder. Inside, you will see an object simply labeled twine. Double click it to launch it.

If you like, you can also create a desktop entry to add this to your Zorin App menu.
The exec= command will simply be the path to whereever you decide to keep that twine file.

1 Like

Woah, that was simple. Thanks very much!

Though, I did not understand your last sentence: The exec= command will simply be the path to whereever you decide to keep that twine file.

2 Likes

If you click on 'Linux', you get the zip file for 64bit. The zip for the 32bit version is given next to it in brackets.

It's subtle but confusing. It got me too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.
I was quite confused till you explain this!

1 Like

There are a few ways to add a desktop entry in order to add an app to the Zorin Menu.
One is the GUI method using Alacarte or Menulibre- it is pretty straight-forward, just follow the prompts. But when it asks for the Command... (Or the exec= line), that can get confusing.

The other method is by creating the desktop entry manually. Here is a helpful guide- and in reading it, you also will have the above snap into clarity. :wink: You just have to see what it is, for it to make sense.

Also, as long as you add 32 bit architecture, you can run 32bit apps on 64bit computers. Just for future reference.

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

Cool man. Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.