Intel WIFI 5100 AGN Drivers Missing in Zorin 16 Core

Best regards. I just entered the world of linux and came across this beautiful distribution from Zorin. This time I see that in the properties of wireless networks I have the notice "No wifi adapter found". My knowledge in linux is poor, but reading a bit I found several solutions that I tried to execute and most with errors because they are solutions for other distributions than Zorin. Neither offered me a solution. However I found on the intel page driver support for your wifi devices for linux:
Asistencia linux de Intel

where I could get a file iwlwifi-5000-ucode-5.4.a.11.tar.gz that inside contains:
iwlwifi-5000-1.ucode LICENSE.iwlwifi-5000-ucode README.iwlwifi-5000-ucode

I think this is precisely the driver I need (using the lspci command in terminal: Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN [Shiloh] Network Connection) However, due to my poor experience, I don't know what to do with these files. How do I install them? What should i do exactly?

I appreciate your help in advance

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

According to the page you posted a link, the driver should be already included in the kernel.

Zorin 16 is currently using kernel 5.11.

[edit]
It is known quite sometime, it does not work very well in Ubuntu:

I searched around other forums but does not seems very promising :frowning:

Unless other volunteers have a better idea than myself, you have the following options.

USB WiFi:

For laptops, if you are willing to open the back cover:

2 Likes

Try

rfkill unblock wifi 

Or

rfkill unblock all
2 Likes

Also found this on the mint forum

Just saw your comment about the pin 20, so that might do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzAKcmlaH1M

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.