Greetings my dear Zori friends!
I have a perhaps strange doubt:
As you may know
united states of america
United Kingdom
Australia
Canada
New Zealand
belong to the alliance of the five eyes.
As you can see, four of these countries are under the royal crown of England which is part of the United Kingdom.
Zorin was created by valets from Ireland.
My question is: Which Ireland, Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland?
If it's from the north, do they respond to the five-eyed alliance?
If you are from the South, is it a nation independent of the five-eyed alliance?
thank you in advance my dear friends!

Answer: Republic of Ireland. Part of EU, not UK.

1 Like

Why is that important? Enlighten me.

3 Likes

Maybe it have something with a history Ireland.
I remember IRA ( Irish Republican Arm) or something else.

Wait... I'm from the US and kissed the Blarney Stone. Would I have to respond?

I'd like to know what my obligations are...

1 Like

Kiss me, I'm Irish is a common phrase associated with St. Patrick's Day. It often appears on T-shirts.[1][2] It originates from the legend of the Blarney Stone, which is believed to bring luck and eloquence to those who kiss it

@Storm 5 Eyes, is an intelligence alliance comprising These countries are parties to the multilateral UK/USA Agreement for joint cooperation in signals intelligence that include corporations, ect. @Shemesh is worried about alphabet bois having infiltrated ZorinOS for intelligence gathering. However sine this alliance also stems to telecommunications / ISP ect the OS you use is less of a concern. Also that most VPN services and the TOR network have been compromised for years is another issue as well.

If one is in such a position such as journalist in a oppressed county, then using an OS like TAILS or Kodachi is better suited. as it is designed for such operations. as the OS all data and all communications are encrypted and with TAILS in a live environment, so disappears when you power off.

That said, I have found no indications of anything afoot, traffic wise or appwise, and the optional telemetry during setup is just basic hardware, and install count (and can be skipped).

4 Likes

I plan on going to Ireland soon, to see my 3rd cousins hopefully. My Moms family came to the states in 20's over political discourse over who should be in charge of Ireland.

2 Likes

Thank you my dear friend!

Hello, "Storm" friend.
It just so happens that I don't like the five-eyed alliance watching my digital activities.
I thought Ireland belonged directly to those five eyes.
I try to protect myself as much as I can my digital activities. I know 100% is complicated, but the more you can do the better.
thanks my friend!

1 Like

Hello friend "Quote"!
I know that Ireland is a country that fought for its independence against the English.
They're brave people.
Thanks for your message friend!

Interesting commentary friend "Bourne".

Hello friend seanhinkley!

Very interesting the information you give us. I think that with it we can all benefit and somehow support the great Zorin project so that it can be an option in Distros where security is a feature and a benefit for users who are increasingly interested in security,
cybernetics.
True, it is already done today and what good, however, is these times more is required.
Thank you friend!

And forward Zorinm team thanks for everything!!

Guau!

Interesante idea

Ireland movies also are good.

1 Like
  1. It isn’t called “TOR”, it’s called “Tor”. Check the FAQ.

2. Taking data from Tor nodes is practically useless as it’s encrypted multiple times in the process of connecting to a website over Tor.

literally the same letters dude.

Um No, as many many exit nodes where the traffic is logged, and intercepted with mtm, ssl downgrades and other exploits without end user knowledge, are tied to governments and "universities" aka governments was close to 40% of exit nodes last i knew and that was a few years ago. On top of that, bad actors have leveraged the same techniques to stead PID, Banking, Crypto, ect from tor users.
TOR is only good for hiding you from the local coffee shop and some ISP's.

edit: 40% of the traffic* due to having high bandwidth middle / end nodes

Yet, nobody knows who made the requests.

From the Tor FAQ:
"In fact, we can usually spot people who haven't read any of our website (and have instead learned everything they know about Tor from news articles) by the fact that they spell it wrong."