Is Brave Browser a good choise for zorin OS 16 core

I am currently looking for a good browser for Zorin OS core 16.2
and I am not sure which browser to use. I have seen that Brave is a fast browser in Windows 11 and i was using brave for more than 2 years but I am not sure if brave browser is a good chose on zorin OS.
If you have any other suggestions pleas give it to me.
Thanks in advance . :slightly_smiling_face:

If you can trust a developer to put one's political ideology ahead of one's area of expertise, Brave would be a good choice.

1 Like

Gday @Rushil , Welcome to the community!
As you know browser's are customizable.
I'm use to Firefox & use the installed edition that comes with Zorin Core, & have it set the way i like it.
Brave Browser i believe has a built-in add blocker & some anti tracking, making it "Out-of-the-Box" Quicker.
Firefox or Brave are as good as each other, If configured to your needs.
So in the end it's a personal choice, My advice would be to stay with what your use too.
There are a few comparison between the two browsers.
Here's one.

Hope this may help.

2 Likes

Yes, Brave Browser runs perfectly fine on Zorin OS.
To Install:

sudo apt install curl apt-transport-https

sudo curl -fsSLo /usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg
echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main"|sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release.list

sudo apt update && sudo apt install brave-browser

3 Likes

@Aravisian thanks for the terminal commands, they were really helpful for installing Brave Browser.:clap:

@Ocka thanks for the video. It helped me to figure out which browser to choose among the two of them.
Have a nice day ahead.:handshake:

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. :grinning:

1 Like

That's perfect, you can use Brave and Firefox.

1 Like

The 2 I've been using for years. And I'm completely satisfied with both!

2 Likes

If in an educational environment, Firefox ESR - it is the only version that can be fully locked down. If privacy is paramount, then IceCat (formerly IceWeasel), and/or TOR Browser.

1 Like

I looked at Brave, but ended up with Librewolf which is a more private version of Firefox (that I've used for many years). I'm very pleased with Librewolf - I'm currently using Zorin Core.

Moved to chat about Zorin

1 Like

thanks for your advice @Jain.
Have a nice day ahead.:handshake:

I used Firefox, brave and librewolf. When i searching on them same things it gived me diffrent research what i put. On librewolf website are more clear without some banners and advertisement.

Brave should work right out of the box, have you tried to install and run it?

Have a look at Firefox and Vivaldi. Both are very customizable and have tons of plugins. The only downside of Vivaldi is that it's still a little clunky on some websites, especially those that use modern web APIs, and that it's UI front is not exactly open source.

In general I recommend having multiple browsers installed with different configuration that you use for different purposes. This limits data collection and allows you to have a browser configured with a very specific use case (in terms of settings, themes and plugins).

1 Like

yes i am currently using brave.

Thanks for your advice @zenzen

handshake

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @Bourne .
I will look at librewolf also , and as you mentioned in librewolf websites will be more clear without some banners and advertisments.

Brave is perfect to use on Zorin OS.

Has excellent built in ad blockers, trackers and scripts.

Available under "Software" to download the official release from Zorin Software Manager.

If you don't want to use Brave on Zorin, try good common alternatives (each to their own pro's/con's):

Edge
Firefox
Brave
DuckDuckGo

I use all of them depending on my function whether on my mobile, pc or laptop etc.

Works great on mine and is really fast . 2011 Dell laptop .