Is installing of Zorin Core possible in my old laptop with 3 gb ram?

I have an old laptop of 3gb RAM and it is working perfectly, I want to change to zorin from windows. Please suggest me which would be better for me?: Zorin Lite or Zorin Core. My laptop model is acer aspire 5733z (3gb ram).

I would try it rather than hesitate. Note that Zorin Core and Lite cannot be used in the same way because they have different desktop environments.

1 Like

I suppose both would work just fine.

Just Zorin OS 16.2 Core with nothing opened takes about ~1GB of RAM, so as long as you don't do anything too intensive and add some extra swap space, it should work. No idea about lite though.

However i did notice that your model uses HDD, so using swap can be a very slow process... I recommend testing both Lite and Core, see which one is better for you in terms of performance and then install the one you liked the most.

Core or Lite should be OK.
As stated above, Core has Gnome Desktop Envionment and Lite has XFCE Desktop Environment. Both are fully functional, don't be put off by the word "Lite", as that just refers to lighter use of resources, not funtionality.
I suggest you try both and see which you prefer in terms of look and performance on your specific laptop.

If new to Zorin and Linux, I would also refer you to this pre-installation advice: Before you install

2 Likes

Yeah, and also his computer matches the system requirements for Zorin OS 16.2 (both Core and Lite).

I would test Lite first though, as it will probably run better compared to Core on his computer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.