Is there any way to make touchscreen better

in zorin os touchscreen is just replaced by mouse when i use the touchscreen it feels like im using a mouse is there any way to make it better a bit like the windows one

You mean that you can touch on the screen but you want to hide the cursor?

no it just doesn't feel that good to use my touchscreen i was just asking if there is a way to make it better if there isn't thats fine i can still use the touchscreen

I'm a bit confused :face_with_spiral_eyes:, I didn't get if you can use your computer only with touchscreen (so you mean that any other input don't work) or instead you can use your mouse and keyboard but want to customize their behavior (such as keyboard input method, hotkeys, mouse speed, cursor size and such) :thinking:.

I see you are using Lite. Which screen layout have you chosen. There is a standard "ChromeOS" or Tablet style layout that may be better suited to touchscreen than a Windows desktop layout. I am also assuming that layout is available in Lite, as it is available on Core.

its not but that is not what i mean im just asking if there is any software that makes it better to use i just have a laptop with a touchscreen and just wanted to see how much i could get out of it

We are having a little bit of a miscommunication here. What exactly do you mean by better software and get more out of it?

All functionality for touch screen is handled by the DE. You can try other DEs and see if it improves, but it depends on whether the DE supports touch screen and how well.

The touch screen will only do so much. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to.

Please be a little more detailed in what you are expecting and what the issue is.

okay im gonna be as clear as possible i have a laptop and i switched to zorin os everything works great but when i use the touchscreen it feels like im using teamviewer from my phone i was just asking if there is touchscreen mode i can switch to at time where i would prefer to use my touchscreen

In Zorin OS touchscreen is just replaced by mouse when I use the touchscreen, it feels like I'm using a mouse. Is there any way to make it better? A bit like the windows one?

In Zorin OS touchscreen is just replaced by mouse. When I use the touchscreen it feels like I'm using a mouse. Is there any way to make it better? A bit like the windows one?

In Zorin OS touchscreen is just replaced by mouse when I use the touchscreen. It feels like I'm using a mouse. Is there any way to make it better? A bit like the windows one?

The lack of punctuation can change the meaning of the sentences or give who reads more attention on wrong part of them risking misunderstanding the context, that's why I'm still confused about what FazeDaddy wants to do. Not judging anyone though, I'm Italian and sometimes even I have some difficulties in getting the context despite I read and write in English almost every day.

@FazeDaddy, do you mean that you must enable touchscreen manually otherwise it doesn't work? Or you want to create a kind of separate settings profile both for touchscreen and mouse? I'm not aware of how touchscreen feature works on computers, I mean, to do actions like selecting more items, doing double tap on the screen and dragging to select them can be misunderstood by the system and be interpreted like 2 simple taps, in this case I'd understand that you're having a problem about some specific touchscreen interaction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.