ISP app needed

Is there an app for checking your ISP in Zorin .... I used to use my ISP download speed app but it doesn't seem to work now or at least it works but shows my local ISP instead of the ISP being used by Nord VPN .... and Nord just says Log-in and Connected to Taiwan and no visual means to verify that that is the IP address being broadcast-ed .... thanks

Are you looking for something like this?

1 Like

iwconfig will give you up and download speeds, could also use conky, stacer or any number of desktop widgets. As far as your public ip, conky can tell you what it is, you're router (if you're using the younger to connect all the devices to vpn) or speedtest desktop can do the same. Nord is great and shouldn't need verification. I have never had a false connection from Nord. If it says you're connected, you are and you're ip has changed.

4 Likes

Thank you FrenchPress .... that was a very interesting article and something I'll keep in mind ....

1 Like

Not sure just what was going on but you are correct .... I have never had a problem with Nord VPN in the past using Win 10 but I could just look in the app itself and see the IP address .... but using this terminal command I don't see that ....

When I used Speed Test by Ookla in my browser it was giving me the fastest server recommendations .... it used to give me locations from the server recommended by Nord VPN but when I used the Linux version it didn't show that ... instead showing my local ISP ones ... so I thought it hadn't changed to the new IP address .... I also use Bandwidth Place and it was showing the same info Speed Test showed ...

But this morning I figured out how to change my Nord VPN to the country and city I wanted (not the one they choose) and both speed apps work the way they are supposed to giving me the correct IP address for the country and city being used by Nord VPN ....

The instructions on the Nord website and not to clear (at least to me) on how to use the commands in the terminal .... they give a list of single word commands but it is up to you to figure out to join these commands to complete your objective ...

But I am learning and it is fun cause if you screw up a big red no no message comes up telling you that that command is wrong and go to the help section on their website .... which just gives you a list of the commands I posted on the board somewhere .... which doesn't really help ... so I just keep changing the commands till they do work .... LOL .... but hey I guess that's the way we learn sometimes ... :rofl:

Thank you both for your replies .... not sure who to give the Solution to so someone make a pick ....

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.