I've installed ExpressVPN and it's activated but I can't see it in Zorin, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you sir ... I have a Proton mail account not sure if it will tie into it or not but I'll check it out ... :+1: ...

2 Likes

Last I checked, all of Proton's services are support to work with each other, thats kind of the point. But ProtonVPN is not a free service, its going to cost money last I checked. How much? Who knows, thats up to you to figure out, just as your choice weather or not to use it, and set it up and all that.

As I understand it, PROTON has their own support structure in place for it as well. It seems like every single year, they are adding new services all the time. I think they were talking about introducing a PROTON internet browser at some point, as that has been their aim for a fair and privacy focused internet and all that.

I am sure when their governments giant monkey wrench got thrown into the works, their jaws were all dropped gaping open black holes, while trying to explain to everybody who uses their services, that they are not so privacy focused as one once were lead to believe, not if Switserland has anything to say about it lol.

2 Likes

Any and every government will want access to any private network. There is no avoiding that. really, depending on the government you live under, most users are more concerned about Malicious Actors than they are are a legitimate and generally disinterested government.

2 Likes

I just checked and they do have a free service so I may check that one out first ... here is their info for anyone needing it ...

1 Like

OK Proton VPN does work on Zorin ... I just installed it using the Ubuntu installation... the free version looks like it sucks as far as the IP's for my region only lists Japan and it is over run with other users but that is to be expected for southeast Asia ... LOL .. so I'll try it for a couple of days and if I have a speed problem I probably will go to plan #2 or #3 ...

Thanks again to StarTreker and Aravisian for their information ... works like a charm ... :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Your super de duper welcome Frog! Yep, I'd like to think that sometimes Aravisian and I have good ideas. HEHE. Yep, I aint gonna lie, I am kind of a fan of PROTON, I think they are pretty awesome.

Because you posted that picture though, I took a good look at it. And I am going to have to agree, the FREE version didn't look like anything that I would be interested in if I was gonna jump on a VPN service.

The one that I did think looked good, was the 8-dollar a month tier. What do you think @Aravisian you like the 8-dollar tier one too? I like the idea that its fast, and supports lots of server connections, nice perks and all.

2 Likes

I state no opinion.

3 Likes

Ain't so sure I'm a gonna make it for a few days ... the free version it works ... but if anyone has a video in the mix it take sooooo long to load and it does drop out ... so it looks like a paid version would work best ... just hope if I go that route I don't break something on here ... not sure how they upgrade their packages ... decisions decisions ... I used to be able to say "that's what they pay me the big bucks for" but as I've been a man of leisure for the past 13 years I can't say that any more ... LOL

1 Like
2 Likes

Very interesting video ... I'm sure Netflix is already searching a way to counteract that device again ... but it is another idea ... I've decided to wait a bit before buying a plan from Proton VPN just one less thing I need to worry about while learning about Zorin ... LOL

1 Like

Well, since were here at the ZorinGroup, and have no affiliation with PROTON whatsoever, it also means we have no stake in their company. Which means, we have no intention on pushing you towards their direction. You can choose whatever you want.

All I said, was I liked their 8 dollar per month tier cause it seemed like the most powerful protection option of them all for the money. But ultimately, you can choose whatever you want. Thats one of the reasons why I also posted that video from LTT.

I think its cool that folks out there have options, they could use a VPN, or they could use that WIFI device looking thing that Linus talked about. As far as Netflix is concerned, I think they take things much too far for my liking.

There has always been licensing concerns when it comes to Netflix. Always some program or movie I can't watch, cause its not on their site, but can be found elsewhere. Thats one of the reasons why I got rid of them, why do I want to pay for a service that never provides the content I want?

Another thing Netflix does that is freaking annoying is, they will have the content for awhile, then suddenly dissapear, simply because, Netflix didn't want to keep paying for the licensing fees. Hows that working for ya Netflix? You lost a customer with me, so mission fail if you asked me.

2 Likes

Well I decided to hold on to the free version for a while as I got rid of one of my biggest grips ... ads clogging my screen ... it has been so long since I had to install Vivaldi that I plum forgot about extensions and AdBlock ... next time I fire up Win I'll check to see what all extensions I had running over there ... I didn't have a lot but did find some useful ...

So for now the free version of Proton VPN is turned off as it slows down my net speed quite a bit and as I am only on 15Mbps (don't laugh I used to be on 2Mbps) I need all the help I can get ... LOL

1 Like

I wonder if Surfshark may help you any.

2 Likes

Not sure but it won't hurt to look into it ... I'll check it out today ... still clearing the cobwebs out as I just got up it is 6:00am here ... LOL

1 Like

I have expressVPN installed and working fine.
It's command line only in Linux. You can get the firefox for chrome add-on if you want gui.

You have really posted a very informative article on this site and I have also used ExpressVPN that I had brought by expressvpn coupon, This article is very helpful for ExpressVPN users.

I once used ExpressVPN some time ago. You can try at the terminal:
ExpressVPN Connect && Expressvpn Status && ExpressVPN Preferences

Marked Solution. 397

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to add VPN in network settings

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.