Just something I discovered?

I have been having a running battle with steam of late, games that used to run were not, Steam said I can't run so and so game on steam with Linux, well I did a bit of digging around and found my processor was running on "one core" only, changed it to three and now all games are running fine, please do not ask where I found that, as I have no idea? now my head hurts going for a lie down :yawning_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face:

3 Likes

I wonder how your computer switched to only running one core ..... when using Psensor ..... my temp app ..... I show 5 cores .... should be six all running .....

I don't have a good hardware app like I had on Windows ..... anyone have a idea for a good one using Zorin ?????? ......

1 Like

It's rather common to start counting from 0 in computer science; a reading of "core 5" may actually be the sixth core in your machine. Do you also have a "core 0", "cpu 0" or similar?

2 Likes

Yup ..... never took a Computer Science course ..... back in my school days they didn't have computers and not even cell phones .... imagine that ....we barely had electricity ...... :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you for setting me straight ..... :+1:

2 Likes

And here I am complaining about "slow" internet that follows me wherever I go... modern problems

2 Likes

That means nothing to me, I'm trying to learn as I go along. but on the plus side, I now have time to indulge my interest in Linux, also I have found some newbie websites for Linux, "Timeshift" has become my new best friend!

2 Likes

I cannot see this thread being a Tutorial, so moved to "General Help".

2 Likes

Good move was not sure where to post it.

2 Likes