Kde plasma is booting into a black screen

Do you mean root?

no, the 'home' folder in the filesystem root drive.

1 Like

Okay

Open Zorin. Sorry for the delay, my mom came

1 Like

I have only one minute. Pls do it ASAP

1 Like

Ok

Superb. Now select all the folders, then right click and click on properties. Tell me how much storage does it take.

1 Like

Yes
1.9 gb

Awesome. Now do you have a spare pendrive around you which has 2 GB free, if yes then transfer all these folders to it. I'll tell you what to do after that. My mom has come, got to go.

1 Like

Wait, big bro, do you want to reinstall my os?

1 Like

Yes, transfer your files to your spare pen drive, install Zorin by clicking the 'Erase All data and install Zorin' and then you will be able to use your laptop again.

1 Like

Trust me, if you transfer all your files correctly and reinstall Zorin, then your problem is totally fixed :wink:

1 Like

Oh no, you are about to delete all my files. Actually in which home we have opened is the home folder in pen drive my real home folder is about 14GB + 110.8GB backup = total 124.8 GB

Which os should I Install this time? Fedora or Zorin. (I want to use the kde plasma desktop environment after installation I know both are gnome but I have to use kde as a second environment. )

Sorry, now my free time ended. I can only talk after 9:30.

1 Like

Hmm... Yes, can you transfer it to an external drive, like a SSD or HDD?

1 Like

Ok. For now I recommend you to install KDE Neon.

1 Like

Yes I have one 1 tab hhd. bye

1 Like

Bye, when you get time, first successfully transfer all your files safely, install Zorin by that erase data option in the installer. If you are able to boot properly, then paste the screenshot of GParted here. After which I help you

1 Like

Kde neon is 1.8 GB so I can download that but not now because I have already used 50 percent of data from my 2 GB data pack.

1 Like

Kde neon vs Zorin vs fedora. Which is best in your opinion?
Bye for now...

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

2 Likes