Keyboard and mouse not working

No didn't unplug anything.
Actually I am a curious person, I have so many questions ! And I literally can't forget them, I have to ask them and I guess most of them are stupid question you can see on my account I have too many question and trust me I don't even post half of them😂

There is only one .config directory in your Home Folder.

1 Like

i got all configs in downloads the list goes like date,language,ntfs,system date,system language,system display, system keyboard;etc.

In your Home Directory, if you use the keyboard shortcut ctrl+h, you will see directories that have a (.) in front of them. One is .cache, another is .config and so on.

So, let me get this straight, the OP opened up his keyboard, didn't touch anything, put it back together, and now everything is working?

Hmm, my first thought would be, possible short somewhere in the cable going to the keyboard, I had a keyboard die on me for that reason. (Corsair K70) Or maybe one of the keys was being pressed in by pressure applied from the case plate, I really don't know.

All I have to go on, is you physically opened your keyboard up, and after closing it up, everything works. It really boggles the mind. But I am glad you got things working again, even though the resolution was a strange one hehe.

Golden rules for a system integrator.

1. suspect the cable
  2. hardware solution before software solution
1 Like

That has got me thinking. I also had a keyboard cable problem years ago which was traced to the way the cable was kinked inside the keyboard, casing for strain relief causing internal wires to be crushed.

Maybe opening the keyboard has relieved the OP's keyboard cable, but does not explain how his mouse also got working at the same time, unless it was routed via the keyboard.

Like some of my sound problems, solved by magic.

1 Like

Yeah but this won't work since my keyboard wasn't working.
Tho thanks for replying :relaxed:

I know right :grin::grin:!
Yeah!! The pressure thing came to me too but for that the internals should not be on the place like when I opened it the internal cups like things on the keyboard were all on there places I guess only the escape one was a little out of place !!
Tho I guess there Is no explanation
I am happy it works!!:joy:
Thank you for replying

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.