Keyring manager

How can I open the Keyring manager?
GnuPGP (passwords) in the menu is empty

seahorse

in the terminal opens the empty GnuPGP from the menu.
So how can I see my passwords?
There are some, as my email passwords are saved

Thanks

As long as you know your secret key password, you can verify it simply with:

gpg --passwd (User-Account-ID)

Type your old passphrase in each confirmation when it gives a popup offering to change the passphrase.

Have you generated a secret key?

no, haven't got a secret key

gpg: error changing the passphrase for 'gerhardbeck': Kein geheimer Schlüssel

but how can I see my stored passwords?

Without giving too much information... Which passwords are you looking for?

I want to change my user login. I Ubuntu I change it via seahorse and can see all my other stored passwords (e.g. for the email programm) there.
But can't find that on zorin

Cool font, where can I get it ?

That actually should not be stored there and you can see the gaping security hole that could cause.
You can change the user account password in terminal with:

sudo passwd (Your-$USER-name)

Follow the prompts.

These can be stored if you use Evolution or Geary, I think... Any browser logins are stored in the browsers Saved Login location.

It is nasalization... I had the same response as you and asked someone else the same question recently...

1 Like

@Aravisian thanks for the info.
I'm just confused:
I started reading about changing the autologin password, it's always about changing it via seahorse, but I can't find it there.
Neither can I find my evolution passwords. They are stored somewhere and in Ubuntu it is seahorse.
But what is Zorin's Keyring manager and why is seahorse empty? I really am confused... :worried:

Maybe I am just used to Zorin OS, though I cannot see how that would make a difference... I never saw it or email passwords saved in Seahorse- perhaps that is something a User must set up.
Email passwords can be stored by the browser. The only passwords I have stored with Seahorse if for gnupg.

Besides the terminal, you can use the Users dialog to change your login password or name. Firefox site passwords are in Settings > Privacy & Security. Don't know about Thunderbird - I don't use it.

(Black rectangle covers some information for my privacy).

3 Likes

@Aravisian
In Ubuntu all passwords are saved in one space:

@Topaz I'm aware of the User dialog.
I also know the firefox passwords but don't need them, thunderbird neither.

I just want to know where the keyring is where the passwords are safed. Like the evolution password or the Wifi password

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.