Laptop won't turn on after installing and restarting Zorin 16

Mini wont work, check my response. Btw this issue isnt related to Zorin. Was running KDE Neon when i ran into this issue. Also if youre looking for an updated kernel recommending Xanmod 5.15.xxx. You can go 5.17 if youre not looking to use vmware workstation.

I love Linux because they expect you to at least make the effort to understand what you are doing with their distros. I like knowing I really do own my computer when I have Linux on it.

2 Likes

Masterpier

I have been looking at Dell docking stations because they are specific about the type of docking station you use with the particular models of computers. I think especially the newer ones. I kinda figured this network adapter I'm using could be a problem. I was looking at universal network adapters because they are suppose to work with everything. Thanx.

Ok the one i suggested is universal

Masterpier

I found one that is specific to Inspiron 5515. I no longer have Win 11 since I erased it for Zorin. The dock says I need Win 10 os. This is getting more complicated.

Nope thats incorrect will snap some pics tomorrow, dock is compatible with linux. I use it at work and home

1 Like

Ok thanx.

I finally got around to trying to power up my computer and it fired up!!! I plugged in the power cord pressed the power button and off we went to my Win11-less computer and new Zorin!! I've restarted it a couple of times as well as powering off completely and it seems to work fine now. Thank you everyone here for all your help it is very much appreciated and only adds to my arsenal of possible solutions for future challenges. I like that battery trick!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.