Laptop's monitor doesn't show any image

@Aravisian,

I'm not sure, but I think there is a hardware issue. Next weeks I'm going to search a technical assistence.

1 Like

@Aravisian,

One of the times I rebooted the operating system, I was able to view the BIOS, but since I had not created a boot drive, I could not format the system.

The BIOS does not appear on television and after I created the boot stick, it did not appear again. Is there any way to make EVERYTHING appear on TV during startup?

I mean, the GRUB, the logo and BIOS access options?

Greetings,

Jônatas Rocha.

If the graphics drivers that are governing the display to the TV are initialized at boot...
Do you have dual (integrated and dedicated) graphics cards?

1 Like

I have no idea!

Well... it sounds like the Linux Kernel needs to initialize before the external monitor can be used.
It also sounds like the Laptop Monitor itself may have a hardware issue. Have you tried booting from any distro LiveUSB to see if the Notebook monitor works, then?

1 Like

The BIOS is not configured to boot from USB. The first boot option is the hard drive.

For changing the boot order, I would need to access the BIOS first, right? But it is not visible either by the built-in monitor (it was only visible only once, randomly) or by the TV.

On TV, the first image that appears is the loading screen. I mean the Asus and Zorin OS logos.

Obviously, when I press the F2 key to access the BIOS, the BIOS is there. However, it does not appear on the TV, but on the built-in screen, which is dark.

1 Like

If you had that screen memorized and knew how many times to arrow key and then hit enter...:thinking:
This really makes me wonder about the Onboard Monitor. It should be working at that point.

In my case, during startup, the monitor responds to the Fn+5 and Fn+6 commands (decrease and increase brightness, respectively). But it does not respond to the Fn+7 and Fn+8 commands (turn off the built-in monitor and change monitor).

After the system is completely initialized, all these commands work correctly. I will test turning on the laptop and lowering the lid, to force the system to locate only the TV, as I read in one of the suggestions of the discussion you sent.

1 Like

As this is a notebook, is it possible to "borrow" a different computer monitor (one for computers) by travelling elsewhere (Ensuring proper social distancing and safety)?
I just wonder if you may have more luck with a non-TV device that is better supported in the drivers of seeing the BIOS settings.

Reading the comments of the link you sent, I thought about testing this alternative using the TV and HDMI cable at first. Because it's the only viable option at the moment. And if it doesn't work, I'll test it using a cable
VGA borrowed (I don't know who yet). :rofl:.

1 Like

Reading the comments of the link you sent, I thought I would test this alternative using the TV and the HDMI cable, first. For it is the only viable option at the moment. And if it doesn't work, I'll test using a cable
VGA borrowed (I do not know from whom yet): rofl:.

I’m sorry, I’ve posted it in Portuguese. :worried:

1 Like

Oh the Humanity!

1 Like

I replaced the Portuguese text with the translation to avoid confusion. It’s still 02:50 AM around here, I will take the tests tomorrow. This problem has taken my sleep away… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i had the same problem @jonatas.rocha, can you please show the monitors/display part of system settings (if using core)
or the display app (if using lite)

1 Like

Thank you so much @Aravisian!

The solution to the problem was to turn on the laptop connected to the TV and immediately close the lid. As soon as the system loaded and I lifted the lid, the image returned to the laptop screen and continued to display on the TV, but just in case I unplugged the HDMI cable and charging proceeded normally, always displaying the image on the PC monitor. It's been working properly ever since!

Thank you very much :grin:,

Jônatas Rocha.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.