Lightweight browser recommendation ... but with caution!

Hi, I recently resolved an issue for someone in my City having issues on that other OS and tutorial video freezing. It was a notebook with 4 Gb RAM but Firefox was maxing out - the solution? Midori! The feedback was very positive. It is now cross-platform and was taken over by the Astian foundation based in Bogota, Columbia.
The current release is now at 1.1.4 and annoyingly in the repo my current GNU/Linux I am using is pointing to what it thinks is more up-to-date than the one installed, possiblyu due to the numbering scheme. Under old management, current is 7.02! The caution relates to adding extenstions - there is no way to remove them once installed so if you do want to try an extension I suggest you try in a Virtual Machine inside your chosen OS, make a backup of your VM before adding Midori and if not happy delete it. I must say I am very impressed with Midori 1.1.4 - download the appropriate package and use GDEBI Package Installer to install.

1 Like
1 Like

Well on a different issue the user is having on Windows 10, they now say they don’t like Midori (apperance I think), so here are some others to consider:

https://linuxhint.com/top_lightweight_web_browsers_linux/

1 Like

You can use duckduck go browser.