Linux news

2 Likes
1 Like

I heard Fedora take off some codecs and POP OS isn't LTS.
Stadia R.I.P

Kernel 5.19.12 damage laptop screen.

History about Zorin brothers.

"We will not be taking the Unity or GNOME Shell path, to the relief of our users. " - that is true?

For full context:

We plan to release Zorin OS 6 after a year of development in May 2012. This will bring many drastic updates and improvements. We will not be taking the Unity or GNOME Shell path, to the relief of our users. Instead, we will be using our own desktop environment called β€œZorin Desktop” which will continue to deliver our promise of a familiar interface to new Linux users. We will be using AWN as our panel

They were discussing Zorin OS 6... this was back when Canonicals Unity Desktop was a contentious issue.
What Gnome was doing was known back then and just as unpopular and unwanted back then.
But since the Gnome Foundation was in someone other than our pockets, they never bothered listening to the users and the users just got used to accepting the Gnome Desktop changes whether they liked them or not.

1 Like
1 Like

Titus Tech Live Stream -now.

For me Gnome is something like this on windows GitHub - Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu: Classic Shell Reborn.
I remember when using that eating more ram and everything run slowly.
That what I wondering what is it gnome.

From this movie i can sayed linux is more popular.

Google news Linux wrote in rust.

Windows 95 on Linux.

1 Like
2 Likes

https://lwn.net/Articles/911212/
What that means?

They are some updates subject here what is fixed or something new in Zorin OS?
XFCE PRO need 31GB LOL
GNOME PRO need more?

About Zorin