Linux news

I asked chatgpt in edge webbrowser,motor search Bing about Debian best stable.
Interesting on thirds place is Zorin.

Modern C

Propably help people understable Zorin is better from arch for people who starting a journey with linux.

While all kinds of distros are adopting Fedora's Flatpak, Ubuntu's Snap is being rejected even by Ubuntu-based distros like Linux Mint and elementary OS.

Nitrux, Vanilla, gLinux, and many more distros have ditched Ubuntu for Debian, and Snap probably played a role in the decision-making.

This continued rejection has disheartened the Snap team, who worked hard to force people into liking Snap by disguising Snap apps as apt packages.

EDIT: At the time I posted this, I failed to realize the date that it was written. Eyeroll.

6 Likes

April 1 2023

1 Like

History of operating system from 1936

1 Like

This sounded too good to be true :smiley:

This, on the other hand....

It is an interesting turn of events after the Canonical Team dropped Flatpak as installed by default and also asked that their Flavors do the same.

I do not know whether that action resulted in feedback that led to this current decision.

But I will very bluntly state: I find this to be a series of Poor Decisions. Simply put.
First, they competitively push the matter with undo force. Then, they ask others to support them in so doing. Lastly, they just give up and throw their hands in the air.

While I do not support Snap and I agree that its existence can be confusing to new Linux users, Snap still does offer a service and being new, lots of things are confusing to new Linux users. Learning is a part of the process.
I do not think that just dropping the ball like a hot potato is the right move, either. They really pushed Snap and built a following and now they are just flinging their fingers at that following.

Dissapointing. I would in no way call that a "History of operating system". Many significant and popular OS from the past are simply not mentioned, just skipped over.

Yes, definitely, competition is healthy for the ecosystem and an important driving factor for innovation. That's partly why I don't think Canonical would make the decision to drop snaps entirely.

Red Hat rozwiewa wątpliwości: IBM nie zaszkodzi Linuksowi you can use translator. Vivaldi is very nice webbrowser.

1 Like
1 Like

Reading about Zorin 17

1 Like

Interesting conclusion what he wrote.

He also before sayed he never will using ubuntu in some movie. xD
The tutorials describe and explaining are ok but not all information taken seriously what he saying.
Besides in linux world the decision changing like in politics. They talking many things but always we get more problems with new ideas. :rofl:

History about Mate.
https://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201703/page01.html?fbclid=IwAR163eBOfcqqzU74_MDm7Kr6oPRIgAGLmG-ec-xxdqo4soJmpe1muQfMsbw

What Stallman talking?

It is an hour long video covering the 40th anniversary of GnuLinux.
Stallman is apparently on Chemotherapy and looks quite different, now...

They cover a lot of topics. Can you make your question more specific?