Linux pre-installed laptops 💻

The effect of celebrities to favid fans. Just following whatever the celebrity does without confirming if it was the right thing to do for themselves or for their situation.

2 Likes

For a long time, Dell was the only major manufacturer to provide a Linux distro preinstalled on a few of its machines. The XPS 13 runs Ubuntu 20.04, while the Precision laptops and desktop workstations run Ubuntu 18.04. These are Dell's business-class computers. If you want more details, Net Search for the best-motherboards-for-ryzen-9-5900x.

Post edited to remove a Link to a Wholesale Supplier. Post content altered slightly to make the remaining comment make sense.
Advertising / Spam is not permitted.

4 Likes

Agreed.

I found out the hard way after many different BSD installation attempts that BSD doesn't have the hardware support that Linux does.

I should have figured that out already, but I'm a slow learner. :wink:

1 Like

I was keeping at it with a faint hope that one day there would be a decent drivers. But it never occurred. After I read a blog by a programmer explaining why he decided to leave BSD for Linux, I finally convinced that it will go nowhere and decided to concentrate on Linux.

You said what I wanted to say :wink:

2 Likes

Yes - I bought a new MFD Kyocera printer scanner last year (Kyocera FS-1220MFP). Turns out it isn't recognised by Linux, Kyocera have no Linux driver, and even Vuescan can't work with it. So I either need to sell it on, and buy a new one, or switch to Windows every time I want to print or scan. Ouch.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.