Lite or Core Zorin OS

I'm wondering which OS is best suitable for my pc.
Device Name: LAPTOP-0K782O6E
Processor: AMD E2-9000 RADEON R2, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G 1.80 GHz
4.00 GB (3.81 GB usable)

Lite without any doubt.

4 Likes

I concur with FrenchPress.

Based on the available hardware in your system, Zorin OS Lite is highly recommended!

3 Likes

Memory 3,4 GiB
I'm using core without any problems :smiley:

3 Likes

You can't make a statement like that without posting your specs lol. So let me go fetch a screenfetch of my Zorin system, and I will post mine running in Zorin OS 16 PRO

3 Likes

2 Likes

It really depends on which apps to be run on the system.

If one only uses the apps with a minimal resorce requirement, Core might be run fine with less than 4GB RAM.

But for any multimedia related apps (GIMP, Kdenlive etc.) it is better to have a less overhead as possible, i.e, XFCE desktop would be better than GNOME for a system with a lower memory.

I run Core version for system with more than 16GB RAM. For the system with 8GB RAM, I installed Lite version.

2 Likes

Look how perty the BLUE Z for Zorin is. HEHE
Zorin OS Running On A Dual Core With Integrated GPU

And for those of you who love Zorin OS, And the Zorin forum, and DARK MODE themes, I present to you......

2 Likes

Yes Zorin OS Core runs surprisingly well on 4gigs or even older hardware. The ZorinGroup did well.

But when it comes to recommendations for a system, users need to hear recommendations that give the Best Performance, not what may work surprisingly well.

5 Likes

You can run both, but recommended is lite. Better experience and smooth performance :relaxed:

I am waiting for lite as well , xfce is better than gnome, for customization etc.

I hope it will be out soon :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.