Lost ability to connect to internet

Newly installed Zorin 16 core 3 days ago, was setting up Firefox (synqd from another computer), PLEX media server and a VPN (TorGuard)
I had PLEX working and was finishing installing the VPN when I did something that now prevents me from connecting to the internet. I have a wired connection to my router and everything looks normal but no connections can be made. Out of frustration I removed the 3 programs mentioned thinking it was some selection I made unknowingly, but now cant reload them. error message pictured below

The error message indicates no internet connection.
Without knowing what that thing was... Since this is only a three day old install, I would just reinstall Zorin OS.

Once set up, we can help with installing VPN in a new thread in case that was where things went wrong.

1 Like

Was afraid of that.

Since the VPN was just installed, did you check the settings of the VPN, as many of them default to not allow a connection unless the VPN is in use.

2 Likes

It wasn't completely installed needed an additional dload called Wireguard. But in it only functioned when turned on. I am reloading Zorin anyway and will start again. Is there a restore option like windows had like setting a point to go back to before doing something risky?

Timeshift. You will have to have an ext4 partition to save it to.

sudo apt install timeshift

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.