Make zorin lite menu transparent

zorin lite menu in my opinion is the best task menu in xfce distro, i like it more than whiskermenu, but i wish i make it semi-transparent like i do with taskbar, is there way to that?

Yes. You can create a gtk.css file and place it in ~/.config/gtk-3.0 directory.
Paste the following into that gtk.css file:

#zorinmenulite-window.background {
     color: #FFF;
     text-shadow: 0 -1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8);
     background: rgba( 10, 10, 10, 0.5);
}

You can add other parameters if you like, such as a border with border color or a radius...
In doing this, your Treeview buttons may stand out differently. You can adjust those as well using the class

#zorinmenulite-window .view {
     background: ;
}
2 Likes

that can't work with me , i don't know what the problem, i have logout too to check result

You can try background-color instead of background... And you can remove the extra "}" bracket.

Also, ensure that in Settings > Window manager tweaks > Compositor
that enable display compositing is checked on.

Sidenote: I do not know why your decoration margin is set to zero... but that must make it very difficult to resize a CSD window...

the values in your css code is example?
I don't have knowledge about css, i wish if u set real values to get zorin menu transport, please

The value in the code I gave is a transparency.
rgba - the "a' at the end of rgb is the Alpha value. In the case I gave above, it is a dark color, with an alpha set at 1/2 (0.5).
You can change the values as desired.

The Decoration coding I have not given in this thread... But having the margin of decoration set to zero can cause CSD windows to be "ungripable" when trying to resize them.

it seem i only have that problem, i don't know may be because i tried to install zorinlitemenu .deb file again when i miss it when replacing xfcepanel, can i get the deafult content of folder ~.config/gtk? may that help

may be the theme itself has something that is interfering. i getting that appearance after reinstalling zorin:
background: rgba( 10, 10, 10, 0.5);
}

It looks like the background window took the .css change, but not the treeview:

#zorinmenulite-window .view {
background: ;
}
together

opacity: 0.5;
}

background window not transport in all cases, i think zorin theme has built-in interfering with zorinmenulite, if I used it(zorinmenulite plugin) with other dirso, may that success

Those exact parameters are working on mine with compositing on.

I'm using that theme:

which zorin theme u r using?

I use my own custom themes...
That said, I need to offer an apology and a correction:
The above is not working on mine, either.

What I had done was used an additional script that added transparency to all windows when I was creating the Predator Theme in order to test facets that look differently on Nemo FM and Cinnamon, as opposed to XFCE... and I had forgotten about it.
Once I disabled that... the above .css parameters no longer worked.
Let me look into this further...

1 Like

I have posted that in xfce forum before, and it seems working well with other distro(using zorinmenulite plugin and make it transport), and they suggested that Maybe the theme itself has something that is interfering.
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=16137

I would suspect that it is something within the code for the ZorinMenu lite which is based on the Arc Menu.
I think it is unlikley that the Zorin Theme is interfering, partly due to me not using any Zorin Themes and witnessing the same.
The WhiskerMenu honors the opacity.
But the ZorinMenu lite is not...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.