Media Keys stopped working?[Play/pause,Next&Previous track keys]

I hope so :smiley:
Here is a bigger view lmao. I wanted a mousepad that wont show every cat pawprint or piece of dust and my fiancée bought this one for me haha XD

TBH it looks nice though and pusheen is just cute xD

Yes, cuteness rules :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

oh ma gawd but i also got one, prepare to die !!!

3 Likes

Hashtag - When Moderators derail threads. :smiley:

2 Likes

Keeps me from crying about my keys.
Maybe i will rollback, update and check if the problems returns.

Is there a way to just refresh the system and keep my stuff like MangoHUD and goverlay etc???

It seems you are not the only one having this issue.
Definately it is something to do with GNOME.

I am really thinking about nuking everything to see if it is an update that killed it for me. But then i need to prepare a list on what to set up again urrgghh

You do not have to go that extreme.
You could install XFCE desktop on top of Gnome and see if it helps.

This one solution is from 2019.
https://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/fix-media-keys-not-working-on-linux/

Mhhhhmmmm I really dont wanna change it, looks fugly :X

Then you might want to check the solution I found above.
Just proceed with caution since it is a 2 years old info.

1 Like

Doesnt work because the media keys are not being recognized as them.

Its like the system doesnt even know what they are. Thats probably why they spit out Triple Letters when i press them, bcd <- for example when i press the play button.

1 Like

You said you tried it with USB live session and it worked.
Which distro worked with your keyboard?

Zorin os 16 ! Keys worked there, went straight back into my own system - Nada

Wow.
It is so unusual.
No, I've never heard such thing.
Usually the Live session is the pretty good indication for hardware compatibility.

I remembered such thing happened to one WiFi module.

That points to a strong possibility for something broken in your installation.

Do you think your keyboard was working perfectly immediately after the installation?

Exactly xD Is there a way to reset those systemfiles without losing my files?

I would try that and if everything fails then i rollback to my first backup and see if it works then - update - check again and THEN reinstall everything i need and hope it doesnt happen again xD

The Live System operates slightly differently than an Installed one. While it usually is a good indicator, it may miss the mark when it must rely on existing or even very generic multi-purpose drivers since the Normal Production drivers are not actually installed.
The Live test versions are complex beasts.

1 Like

You are absolutely right!
I just remembered one WiFi module which can only work during the live session but not after the installation. It must be a magic of the multi pps driver!

I just edited my comment above.

Ok, you know what - i will nuke it, something must have gone horribly wrong. Even my Xbox wireless dongle doesnt work anymore and thus cant use my xbox controller, i used it 2 days ago.

PREPARING LAUNCH CODES

Time to make a list on what to reinstall and then i will hope i wont do whatever i have done wrong, if it was my mistake (which i hope)

EDIT What i mean is, the dongle seems to not find my controller, or the controller the dongle. so maybe something got killed because i tried to fix the media keys lmao....

Actually that is exactly what I have to do with my main machine.
I cannot upgrade from Core to Pro. Re-installation is required.

My plan is installing Pro on another SSD and copy personal data and some configuration files from the previous installation on the original SSD connected as an external drive.

That way I have absolutely no danger to lose my data :slight_smile: