Micro$oft 🤑 Windows 💸

I am a member there as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/micheln.2963122/

1 Like

I'll have to look long and hard to find my user name and password .... been at least 5-6 years since I was last there .... but we'll see ..... LOL

1 Like

I was a Windows person (or rather M$ person) from the DOS days. In about 2007 I tried several distributions (including Mint) and they just weren't polished enough for someone that had been in the M$ family since the early 1980s. I'm not afraid of the command line, but learning Linux commands to do simple things (like install Samba) back in 2007 didn't appeal to me. In late 2019 I tried Zorin on my laptop and then in April 2020 Zorin on my desktop and haven't looked back.

Plus out of several live USB's I tired with different distros in April 2020, Zorin (15.2) was the only one that worked out of the box with my (then) Nvidia GTX1050 Ti card at 4K 60Hz.

I like the polished feel of the OS, but now that I've seen Deepin and UbuntuDDE, I'm tempted to try that on my laptop just to see how it compares. Of course, I'll use Rescuezilla and make a clone of my Zorin OS so I can come back quickly. I'm more leaning toward UbuntuDDE because Deepin - China - I don't trust that for my privacy completely.

1 Like

I De-Googled my phone back in April 2021 so it a) doesn't have any identity tied to it and b) doesn't phone home to the mothership. Sure, I can't use any Google apps or services, but I had been weaning myself off of them prior to the De-Googling of a Pixel 4.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.