Mouse suddenly started to auto scroll

My Zorin OS Core worked flawlessly up till now. For some reason my mouse has started to auto scroll whenever I hover over something, like the volume bar, scroll bar, etc. When I open a picture and move the cursor over the picture it automatically zooms out even though I'm trying to zoom in. Wtf is happening? I've tried a different mouse, which I know is working properly, and I've also tried to plug the receiver into different usb ports. I don't find anything in the settings either that would cause this. Anybody got any tips?

Sounds strange... have you updated the system before it happened?

The OP mentions the use of a wireless receiver unit, in essence, they are using a wireless mouse. I am wondering if they are receiving unhappy interference to the unit?

I think they should try a WIRED mouse, and see how it goes. It is also indeed possible that something has gone bad with the wireless receiving unit as well, if testing another wireless mouse saw no improvement with same receiver unit.

1 Like

Yes, I updated the system before this happened. And I restarted it after that update. Today it's back to normal after updating the system again late yesterday. I didn’t restart the system after that before today. I know that Zorin Appearance was updated among other things in the first update. I looked in the dpkg.log and can see that for instance “linux-image-5.13.0-28-generic:amd64” and “linux-modules-5.11.0-44-generic:amd64” were installed. Like I said, when I started my machine today, everything was working fine. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I'm not knowledgeable enough, I'm just an average Joe Linux user. If it happens again I will try a wired mouse. It may be my 9 year old machine that's at fault, too. Maybe it's starting to get senile ...

Okay. I'll mark the thread solved. If it happen again, let us know.

Will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds like a partial upgrade (net interruption likely caused a package to not fully download) that was completed by the second upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.