My Laptop stuck/freeze while installing

Should I use try Zorin or straight away install zorin?

1 Like

Try Zorin- did you edit the Grub?

1 Like

Yes I have edit the grub.

1 Like

Use windows explorer to navigate to the iso location, hold shift and right click in the directory. Choose open command line/powershell here.

Type:

certutil -hashfile [zorin-iso-file-name].iso SHA256

Change out [zorin-iso-file-name].iso to the name of the actual file (zorin-16-core-pro.iso) i think. It will return the value. Compare to the one i provided.

3 Likes

The Sha256 was different.

2 Likes

You may want to reply to the email sent to you with the download link requesting a mirror download site, or try downloading from the link they provided at a different time.

It has been popular and causing the downloads to be slow. These are the best options i could provide for we don't have access to pro links.

1 Like

Zorin OS Pro also comes with direct Installation Support from the ZorinGroup.

Check the Sha256 sum after downloading and ensure it isn't corrupted.

How to check is it corrupted Sha256.

When you download a new copy, run the checksum command i had you type earlier. If it matches what i posted as the checksum, available on the Zorin official download page, it's not corrupted. Anything else, for pro, is.

1 Like

Ya for pro SHA256 checksum

1 Like

But my checking md5sums no error found.

If it was a valid copy of Zorin pro it would have produced the following checksum:

1addffb6100a5ba340266b709b367ded7094aa563143dd98ba577aaf00498590

Download a valid, unaltered copy of pro and we can help you. You may also want to look at downloading core, which has everything but the Mac / windows themes and the bundled software package, for free.

1 Like

I got this error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CwHNvbvGCAg-1PTnWJDferb34u6aXxGl/view?usp=drivesdk

Does it matter?

I cannot access your Google drive and don't want to. Please post photos here, resize if to large. I cannot see the error.

Since your checksum is not the same the image is either corrupted or modified. I do not know in what way. I'm sorry but we cannot help with this unless you download core or your checksum matches for pro.

1 Like

What is the difference between core and pro?

Core does not have Mac layout or windows layout or the bundled software chosen for pro. All can be downloaded, but separately. The themes are for pro only. Everything else is the same.

And core is free.

Paying supports development and gives you installation support directly from the devs.

1 Like

Where did you get your version of Zorin 16 Pro?

I get it from other website.