My Laptop stuck/freeze while installing

My laptop is HP Pavilion 14-al102tx and I install the Zorin OS 16 pro. My laptop freeze while installing so what should I do.
Laptop Spec
Processor: I5 7200U
Storage: Seagate barracuda 120 500GB SSD
Ram: 8GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 940mx

1 Like

Hi MatrexChai, welcome to the forum.

May i ask where in the installation did it freeze? Which method had you chosen?

It freeze on update and other installation and I have try gpt and mbr method already with secure boot disable and lagacy mode enable them after that I try the other still cannot. Do I need virtualiztion technology. Tpm?

Try deselect "update while installing". You can always do that after installation.

2 Likes

I also have try but still not working. I also have try not to connect Internet while installing still not working. Is it my nvidia graphics card problem?

1 Like

You can test this by booting Try Zorin with Safe Graphics and running the Installer from there.

1 Like

If I try safe graphics it will be black screen.

Does this machine have a dedicated Intel card?

Yes this laptop has an integrated Intel graphic card.

Should I turn of secure boot? Or on and lagacy mode?

Secure Boot should be disabled. Is Windows Currently installed on the machine? If so, you MUST disable Fast Startup or Fast Boot, as that locks the drive, preventing write access.
It's very odd that nomodeset would lead to a black screen on the intel dedicated card... Do you happen to know which intel graphics card you have? Not like most people memorize it... but you never know... It doesn't hurt to ask...

2 Likes

My Intel graphics card in Intel 620. Hope that you can help me.

This is what I reach update and other software: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ConXjb0qGDA6d8gpB6UqQrYe_aUmCahd/view?usp=drivesdk

2 Likes

When you boot into the Live USB, at the Grub menu, can you hit either the tab key or the e key to enter the Editor for Grub.
Scan the window for "quiet splash".
When you find it, add the following to make it into "quiet splash nvidia-drm.modeset=1"

Once done, continue to Boot. Then try running the installer with Network Off, "Update as you go" unchecked.

2 Likes

Let me try

Where did you get the iso? What is your sha256 checksum? It should be:

1addffb6100a5ba340266b709b367ded7094aa563143dd98ba577aaf00498590

3 Likes

How can I check sha256 checksum?

1 Like

Choose which option try or install Zorin OS, (Safe graphics), modern nvidia drivers. Which one should I choose to change?

1 Like

Did you hit the e or tab key?

1 Like

Yes I have press e

1 Like