My little history with Zorin and conclusion

Hello all!
When I was directly forward from Windows to Zorin. It was with small steps.
Then every day more spending on Zorin distribution to discovered what is inside and how it works.
On some time when I was bored Zorin, because everything working perfect on my old pc. I taken a question about what I saw on distrowatch.com a many another diffrent distribution. My question was it is true a Zorin is best distribution from them all?
Then I started distrohopping to discovered many type distributions with diffrent a packages and desktop enviroments.
This was very nice adventure slackaware,gentoo,fedora,arch linux,mint, some another on virtual machine.
Then it comes a time when I bought a new pc and discovered some linux distribution working with newer kernel.
Then in linux world we have a four section operating system linux for:
1 Very old pc 32 bit
2 Old pc 64 bit
3 Modern pc
4 arm pc
I remember when i was on laptop with 32 bit processor and hdd not ssd with mint 18.
The computer was faster what exist now with ssd hard disk and newer cpu and gpu.
That means the linux all distribution start to be "more heavy"?
When i using a pendrive live usb with Zorin in school it was usable without freezing to surfing on websides on old pc with igpu.
The some fabrics using a machines with windows 95 or XP - nobody taken a complaint they are old and without security issues.
I don't seeing to much any diffrents about pc what I bought in 2015 and now 2023.
Yes two diffrents a motherboard is tpm 2.0 and have nvme hard disk also ethernet 2.5Ghz.
With speed for me when a operating system is finished loading,everything inside is the same about speed internet, games online and websides,download software or files.Mostly what i seeing are cosmetics.
That means every new hardware is building for specific software or hardware what together working best. Example windows chromebook, apple,nuc and etc.
What is your opinion about how technology go forward?
Talking about 2015 - 2025; don't mind about IA and fabric humanoid what exist now.

2 Likes

I think we are currently in the calm before the storm.

We are on the edge of developmental breakthroughs, including Quantum Computing. As we look for more Earth and Environmentally friendly manufacturing, we are also finding alternative components to use and build with. Some of which are less expensive and more abundant.

Computer manufacturers are trying to stay afloat and competitive with heavy marketing with little in the way of design change. They want revenue to remain steady - even as everyone is sitting and waiting on the future that looms before us.
This is necessary since R&D requires revenue (though the vast majority of manufacturers do not engage in much, if any, R&D).
I do not think Major Developments will be in our homes soon... But they will put pressure on that which will be heading for our homes.
It will increase consumer expectations.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Artificial Intelligence Long Term Ramifications

Zorin OS has smartly solved the problem of my PC not supporting Windows 11, so the technology around me will not change dramatically in 2025.

5 Likes

My observation over the decades is that hardware gets faster and more powerful, but software gets more bloated and inefficcient to maintain a balance.

5 Likes

Due to this stipulation, our off-topic talk moved to new thread.

Example airfryer what is connected with app on mobile. Smart house it calling propably.

2 Likes

Everything will be connected to the internet and have AI, we want to talk and surf the internet with our home appliances so we are not limited to just phones, computers and interact with others. Soon everyone will create his own group chat with its interconnected home appliances, this is awesome :astonished::rofl:.

"hey fridge, is my beer cold yet?"

3 Likes

Hold my beer.

2 Likes

Can't wait for the day we have smart windows: "Hey, window, is it sunny outside?"

3 Likes

Yes, even smart Windows (OS) that does not hog your PC and ruin your day by downloading and installing updates behind your back. :unamused: like today.

3 Likes

This was one of the primary things that drove me off of and away from Windows.
Too many times, it did this while I was working and the computer took control of itself.

2 Likes

Well i propably preffer talking with a people to not dissapeart instint in natural human behaviour. I want feeling sad,happy,bad,good things feeling. I liked a time history age where people together can talking to evolve a language. Using app and internet the language is now more diffrent, what i know before. The shop with books and libraries more closed. Everything going to virtuality life.

I have bookshelves.
On them, I have books.

A lot of books.
Educational, fiction, scifi, programming, classical liturature, physics and astronomy.

The internet has made access to information fast and easy. I really like it. I search for information all the time.

But nothing beats kicking back with a good book and just reading and absorbing for a couple of hours. Take your time. Don't worry about what you will be doing or having to answer or respond to 20 seconds later - you'll get to it when you get to it and put the book down when you feel like it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.