My post got deleted by FB. (Loving Zorin)

Bow before your King.

1 Like

OK guys, I admit that when I get super tired, I operate more on feeling then on thought. But I got rubbed the wrong way on here, and I had to leave at least for many hours to sleep, and think about things. I know it hasn't been a full day technically, but it feels like a day has gone by to me.

I still have a few problems with how some things are on the site, I've talked about those issues many times on my Testing Zorin OS thread, so all one has to do is read that thread, no need to re go over it here. But, I will say this, I don't have issues with this forum in the way that I do have issues with social media sites.

We were talking about social media sites in here, and I think that we can all agree that social media or social networking sites suck, bigtime. All the infighting that goes on is just terrible. Did you notice how I did handle things well though in comparison?

Notice that even though I had a problem with a member here, I didn't call them names, I didn't begin raging on a flame war attack. Of course, the word filter would prevent much of that anyways. But the point is, I kept it civil.

And I think that goes more to the point of what many on here is talking about. You guys have been talking about how on social networking sites, people rage on, calling each other horrible names, starting fights, flame wars, all sorts of awful things.

We do not do that here. We talk it out in a civil manner, we try to always remember to respect each other, even if we don't share the same opinion. Thats what differentiates us from social networking and media platforms.

So while I may not agree with the flagging that was put upon me, I understand why the member did it. But I do fear the flaggings, because I feel like they ruin my reputation. And as several of my posts have gone immediately to auto moderation, of which there was nothing wrong with said posts, that strengthens my feelings on that matter.

I don't really want to be seen as the person who always needs to be moderated because they are a constant thorn up people's backsides. I want to be known as the friendly person who like to help people, and spread love and cheer. Because thats what I try to do.

I also try to make people laugh, its my way, always trying to make other's happy, often at the cost of myself. Because for reason completely unknown to me these days, I care about other's more then myself.

Maybe sometimes I do too much to a fault, its just how I am. Well, thats all, I've said my piece I guess.

3 Likes

You have had a few posts go to the queue for approval due to the word filter.
I do agree that the word filter needs more updating.

When the New Zorin Forum started, Azorin used a pre-made Word Filter list he downloaded. And we were all getting tangled up in the thing.
I reviewed the entire word filter and suggested a large number of removals. Apparently, not enough, though.
I will check in the ZorinGroup and see if they have time later that we can review it again.

But Flags on Posts do not do much in any direction for reputation. I've been flagged. Other mods have flagged users.
And I try to be very fast to address flagged posts as soon as I see them.

I will say one thing quite bluntly.
We all like to enjoy some humor. No matter how many posts anyone makes, always remember to treat a lady as a lady, first. Treat a man as a gentleman, first. If you build rapport and trust, you can learn which jokes may land and which may bounce. But the onus is on all of us to choose our words well, not to expect others to interpret them in the manner that we wish.

2 Likes

I truly have an incredible family here at ZorinGroup. Folks like Aravisian, Jeff, Harvey, and a few new members to my family, like YukKevChuHau who have been in contact with me recently.

And Harvey just sent me a message that put a tear in my eye, I didn't think people valued my contributions that much. And because of that, I decided, to re-attach the Tech Support tag.

You guys mean a lot to me, love my brothers and sisters. Alright, screw Covid, were all wearing masks, big hugs! :hugs: (Seriously, I am vaccinated LOL)

5 Likes

I don't like a Facebook. They have a Filter what kick some things what you wrote. This is for me a non free communication a social communicator. Censored for them and you are only a slave. They also posting many fake news and put only news what they want.
Very realistic you don't find them a true because your channel will be blocked without a reason. Example here

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.