My wifi is connected but showing question mark always in the wifi icon

yeah...thinking about gettine one :slight_smile: btw, thanks for sharing your thoughts and sticking with my problem ..I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Depending on the age of the computer, if the wifi card is failing... it may not be much longer before other things begin to fail (screen, video card, drives, ram and even the cpu and motherboard. You may want to start saving for a new machine.

1 Like

Be sure to check your WiFi router... I had a similar problem. I'd set it up to only allow a certain number of DHCP connections, and when my wife's sister would come over, she'd connect her phone and laptop to our WiFi, which caused problems for other devices that wanted to subsequently connect... they couldn't get an IP address.

One thing you can do to get around that is to assign a static LAN IP address to your computer, outside of the range of IP addresses assigned via DHCP.

Did check the wifi router...it has no problem :slight_smile: it's a new one ....also if I connect a new device to the wifi..it's also working good...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Interesting on startup (Z16.3 Core) to see WiFi icon with Question Mark showing. This was with the ZorinOS Connectivity Checking setting toggled = OFF.
When I toggled it to = ON, Question Mark disappeared.
When I toggled it back to = OFF, Question Mark stayed away.

I think there is something odd or flaky how this Question Mark indication is operated.

The check may be performed prior to networking manager completely starting up. This can depend on your processor and how fast it can initialize services prior to accessing other startup routines.