New Dell Latitude 7440 will work with Zorin OS?

Hello everyone,
I got a new Dell 7440 laptop at work today and I'm starting to wonder if it will work with the Zorin OS. There is an i7-1355u, Windows 11 pro, it's a completely new generation and that's what I mainly care about. Secure boot, TPM, I foresee problems.
What do you think?

1 Like

If your plan is to dual boot with Windows, retaining Secure Boot and TPM, then I must agree with you.
There are workarounds, but it is possible that installation, configuration or set up may take more effort on your part.
Zorin OS 17 sports the 6.5 kernel, so it should be compatible with most of the newest hardware out there.
But, I have noted users on the forum comment about the signed shim throwing an error when Secure Boot is enabled.

The odds are in your favor, so it is your choice if you want to create a partition and test things out by installing Zorin OS 17. We can help troubleshoot and if things just do not work out, you can remove the Zorin OS partition and reclaim that space for Windows OS to use.

1 Like

What if I wanted to remove windows and install only Zorin OS?
I haven't used Windows for so long that I don't know if I will be able to reinstall Windows in case of any complications?

1 Like

I can say the same. I went from being only a Windows user for over a decade to Zorin OS and now, I would need to look up a guide to figure out what to do on Windows.

Then you can disable TPM and Secure boot and make life easier.

1 Like

Problem solved, I recommended returning the Dell laptop and ordering an executive slimbook laptop.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.