I recently replaced my Motherboard, CPU and RAM. I booted back into Zorin 16 Core and got the OS up and running without much of an issue. This was about 2 weeks ago and now I'm seeing some strange annoyances pop-up. Not sure if it is due to the hardware swap and no clean install or something else.
- Gigabyte B570 Gaming Motherboard
- Intel i5-7500
- 16GB Corsair 2400MHz RAM
- EVGA GTX1050 Ti
- 1TB WD Black NVME (re-used in new system)
- Asus PRIME B560M-A
- Intel i5-11600K
- 16GB Corsair 3200MHz RAM
- Using iGPU for graphics
- 1TB WD Black NVME (from old system)
The annoyances I'm seeing
- Windows not remembering position after closed (even the default Firefox)
- HDMI Out wouldn't go higher than 1080p (even though the iGPU can do 4K @ 60Hz over HDMI 2.0 (which matches the mobo HDMI 2.0 out)). Resolved this with a Display Port to HDMI cable.
- Sound not working 25% of the time (even killing the Pulse Audio won't fix it, I have to do a reboot). What is strange is I'll hear the startup sound and then nothing after that.
- Mouse Scrolling speed super slow after coming back from suspend. (Yes, that previous thread was mine -- still no solution)
I don't know if this is because I didn't do a clean install after upgrading the hardware or maybe it is the hardware is to new for the current kernel or if it is something else. I wasn't seeing any of these issues prior to the upgrade. Thoughts?