New kernel result in black screen

In the meantime I have tried everything but unfortunately no working Zorin OS 16 Core with kernel 34.
In the end I downloaded Zorin OS 16 Core r1 hoping that the new release would work, but unfortunately, it won't boot either.
Now I have Zorin OS 15 Core back on the computer.

1 Like

ZorinHendrik!

Hey dude, please don't feel too bad ok? Yes, I know, you were hoping for Zorin OS 16 Core to work and it didn't due to kernel related issue. But you just said you were able to put OS 15.3 back onto your machine and its work great right? So thats still a win!

When I was a kid the only computer in the house got zapped by a virus, and it knocked out my only machine, I was totally devastated! So at least you still have a working machine. And best part is, you didn't have to go back to the OS that shall not be named. (Windows)

I have a proposal for you, if you don't mind me entertaining the idea. How about you wait till Zorin OS 16 LITE gets released, which will run on XFCE. Its gonna be lighter on your hardware, and 10-times more customisable.

Then I'd like it if you could try Zorin OS 16 again, but this time with LITE. Then let us know how it goes. And of course our awesome team of support staff will be here to help you should you have any issues with the new released LITE version when it comes out.

And you never know, it may just work, and if it does, I am going to be so happy for you. :blush: So how about it, sound like a good idea?

1 Like

Hi StarTreker,
that seems like a good idea indeed.
only Zorin OS 16 Core with kernel 27 worked perfectly, so I would like to have that version back on my PC. But you can no longer download it.
Zorin download page now shows Zorin OS 16 Core r1 version with kernel 34.
In any case if there is no solution I will give this one a try when Zorin OS 16 Lite comes out
Thanks for your idea

2 Likes

Eureka, it worked.
I installed Zorin OS 16 Core again and then opened a terminal with network capabilities in recovery mode and updated everything
Everything works now, hooray
Welcome Zorin OS 16 Core to my main computer.

Yes, the 5.11.0-36 kernel was released not long ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.