New User - Thank You!

Hi everyone,

As a new user of Zorin, I just wanted to say a big thank you to the developers. It has given a new lease of life to my 7 year old laptop and is just a better, much less intrusive experience than using Windows 11.

I have Linux Mint installed on my 10 year old PC and it's great, but Zorin is just that bit more modern and slick out of the box. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and was pleased to donate (aka "buy the Pro version") within 24 hours of installation. I'm keen to try Zorin 17 Lite when it is available.

Please keep up the good work! - and sorry in advance for all the stupid questions I'll no doubt be asking over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Steve

9 Likes

In the meantime you coukd take a look at the Unofficial Manual for 17 Core I authored:

4 Likes

There is no Need for a Sorry. You use a new System that You don't know. There will come Questions. That is normal. And You can't know everything.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome. Im a fairly new user to Zorin but not Linux in general.
I would like to throw in another suggestion to check out the Unofficial Manual for Zorin 17 core. I think you will find it to be a big help.
We are here to help if you cant find an answer in it. So dont be afraid to ask.
I dont know about others here but for me the only stupid questions are the ones that arent asked. Knowledg is the key to everything. And nobody know the answers until they ask the question.

6 Likes

Wow - that's a fantastic piece of work! So far, I've found Zorin wonderfully straightforward to use, but your manual is a great reference guide if I get stuck later on :slight_smile:

1 Like