News on Zorin 17?

I get that. I've used the mintupgrade tool, via the update manager and it's worked perfectly both times. If they could figure out a way, that would just be yet another great reason to use Zorin. Using backups does help the process, but more effort.
Either way, I'll be shilling out for 17.

IA or some chatgpt will be in Zorin 17?

I'd rather hope not !! AI of Chat GTP is not AI at all. At many question-prompts I got pure lies in return or false information. This is not even needed for use, just do your own research a lot on Google, YouTube for howto's, and search in the goldmines of internet. Question answer, just be plain smart on searchings. And NEVER use that tool of blackness ChatGTP, you'll be enslaved and have nothing to question anymore. Again, this is NOT AI !!!! It is a corrupt database, that Q & A numb, even with faulty answers on real questions. 13 hits of bad returns. So please leave Ubuntu, Zorin for smart people and not addicts of the lazy principle.

3 Likes

Yes. I was many faul answers. It can create a catastrophy.

1 Like

How do we join the beta testing team?

The new generations young are propably not to much check information and can believe.
That is very sneaky politics commercial business.

Yeah it has been a really long time since we had a release of Zorin OS I would like a copy of the Alpha or BETA to Test I wouldn't mind I really want some of that Zorin OS 17 please if a Dev is listening to me tell me by when should we have Zorin OS 17?

Gday @ZorinOSFan , Welcome to the community.

Please refer to the posts above as to how you can be the first to Know & help with the Public Zorin OS 17 Beta Testing, when Released.
Hope this helps.

But that doesn't give us a spefic time or date it only says the 2nd half of 2023

Correct, it's hard to put time on perfection :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah but I've been in Anticipation for the new release of Zorin OS 17 that will be based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS with the Gnome 40 series of UI come on Ubuntu 22.04 came out in 2022 while Zorin OS 16.2 relased in 2021.

Yes the waiting time for anything in life can be trying on one's patients.
If you like Beta testing, we have a new Upgrader that has just been released .
Check this out & report any findings to the link within that page.

Thanks for you help.

2 Likes

Yeah I'll try it in a VM Zorin OS 16 Beta came out in 15 April 2021 and I would have excepted to see Zorin OS 17 BETA in April of 2023 I know making an Great OS takes time and Gnome Foundation likes to fight with Distros Creators.

1 Like

Sorry i gave the wrong link, i have corrected that.
This is the new OS Upgrader, in beta just released for testing.
Yes it shouldn't be to long before we see the Zorin OS 17 beta, The waiting is the hardest part when we know something new is coming.
Remember to register to be the first to receive notification of any further updates

The main reason I'm looking forward to Zorin 17 is for the update of Gnome. I have a 49" ultra wide screen monitor and I want to use something like Microsoft Powertoys for window snapping. I found an amazing Gnome extension called gSnap that gets pretty close, but it only supports Gnome 40+. I'm using it on another machine with Gnome 44 and it is a fantastic extension.

The fact that I can't find anything like that to support the version of Gnome in Zorin 16.x prevents me from moving to Zorin OS as my daily driver, which is a shame. Overall, Zorin is severely underrated in the linux community.

Zorin OS 17 will be released on Wednesday, December 20, 2023.

2 Likes

I'm not at home and can't check for updates. Has it been released already? :grin:

Nope, nothing on the horizon. :face_holding_back_tears:

Sad. Been looking forward to it the entire week :cry:

They said via their newsletter that it's gonna be released on the 20th :frowning: